Health reform rule draws brokers' fire
- Industry prepares for 2013 s unprecedented changes. WECHSLER, JILL // Managed Healthcare Executive;Jan2013, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p18
In this article, the author discusses the challenges associated to health insurance companies in 2013 with changes in several health care policies including Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA). According to the author, cost plus mandates and regulations will make health insurance...
- Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act; Standards Related to Reinsurance, Risk Corridors and Risk Adjustment. Tavenner, Marilyn // Federal Register;3/23/2012, Vol. 77 Issue 57, p17220
The article offers information on a final rule issued by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services to declare the implementation of standards and regulations related to State-based reinsurance and risk adjustment programs required to protect the rights of the insurer and stabilize the...
- HHS argues for keeping rest of ACA if mandate thrown out. // Modern Healthcare;1/30/2012, Vol. 42 Issue 5, p4
No abstract available.
- MIDWEST. // Modern Healthcare;10/8/2012, Vol. 42 Issue 41, p22
The article reports on the approval of Blue Cross and Blue Shield's Blue Advantage plan as the benchmark for essential health benefits by Illinois Governor Pat Quinn's healthcare council. The plan will be submitted to the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) and will be subjected...
- Regs sought on exchanges. Zigmond, Jessica // Modern Healthcare;10/22/2012, Vol. 42 Issue 43, p0010
The article discusses potential health insurance exchange regulations to be released by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS). McDermott Will & Emery partner Anne Hance cited concerns raised over the lack of information on insurance products to be affected in the exchange. It...
- PPACA rate, wellness and benefits proposals roll out. Bell, Allison // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;Dec2012, Vol. 116 Issue 12, p18
The article reports on the publication of three major Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA) regulation proposals by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS). It includes PPACA regulation proposals on health insurance market and rate review, PPACA essential health...
- HHS urged to protect Medicaid MOE. // AHA News;3/7/2011, Vol. 47 Issue 5, p1
The article reports that the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services has been urged by hospital groups to resist efforts to eliminate the Medicaid maintenance of effort (MOE) requirement in the 2010 Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act.
- HHS issues final rule for insurance rate reviews. // AHA News;5/30/2011, Vol. 47 Issue 11, p2
The article reports on the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services' (HHS) issuance of a final rule for reviewing insurance rate increases in the individual and small group markets under the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (ACA).
- In the name of state's rights. // East Bernard Express (TX);7/19/2012, Vol. 69 Issue 29, p4
The article informs about a letter from Governor of Texas Rick Perry to Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius in which he expresses his opposition to the expansion of Medicaid as provided in the U.S. Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act.