- Nokia Hires Microsoft Executive as CEO. // Channel Insider;9/10/2010, p1
The article announces that Stephen Elop was hired as chief executive officer (CEO) of Nokia Corp. to replace Olli-Pekka Kallasvuo.
- Untitled. Williams, Jenny // Computer Weekly;9/14/2010, p60
The article reports that Stephen Elop has been appointed as the president and chief executive officer (CEO) of Nokia Corp.
- MARK RITSON: Beware the enemy at the side of the gate. // Corporate Adviser (Online Edition);6/9/2011, p64
The article informs that the new chief executive officer at Nokia Corp. Stephen Elop has discussed the company's tardy approach to competitors during a meeting. It further informs that the potential threat from Apple Inc. was ignored by the Nokia executives when Nokia was the undisputed master...
- Nokia Smartphone Exec Resigns as New CEO Elop Joins. // Channel Insider;9/13/2010, p1
The article announces the appointment of Stephen Elop as the new chief executive officer (CEO) at Nokia Corp. and the retirement of Anssi Vanjoki as Nokia's executive in charge of smartphones and services and Jorma Ollila as Nokia's head of management change.
- Into the sea. DINGLE, SIMON // Finweek;2/24/2011, p15
The article presents information on the business plan of Nokia Corp.'s chief executive officer (CEO) Stephen Elop under which the firm is heavily aligning itself with Microsoft Corp. and adopting its Windows Phone 7 operating system for Nokia smartphones. It is informed that Nokia spent 4bn...
- MOBILE: Nokia to put its marketing muscle behind core brand. O'Reilly, Lara // Lawyer (Online Edition);6/16/2011, p7
The article reports on the decision of Nokia Corp. to focus on marketing its core brand. It states that the company's chief executive officer (CEO) Stephen Elop discussed their decision at an event in London, England commenting that sub-brands such as Ovi and MeeGo have distracted investment...
- news digest. // New Media Age;9/16/2010, p12
This section offers news briefs concerning digital media. Sixty thousand children participated in the online treasure hunt which served as a marketing campaign that promotes the Mini Figures range of Lego. The magazine "Cosmopolitan" has launched several of its naked centerfold photographs as...
- Mobile/OS partnerships square up on the ecosystems battlefield. Wilson, Richard // Electronics Weekly;3/2/2011, Issue 2458, p18
The article focuses on the topics discussed at the Mobile World Congress 2011, held in Barcelona, Spain, in February 2011. Stephen Elop, chief executive officer (CEO) of Nokia Corp., stated that the mobile phone industry is now a war between ecosystems and no longer handset technology. Qualcomm...
- Nokia zooms in on photography. Dingle, Simon // Finweek;7/25/2013, p27
The article focuses on the 41MP camera on the Nokia Lumia 1020 smartphone of Nokia. It states that the mobile phone supports photographic strategies only on professional cameras. Chief executive officer (CEO) Stephen Elop says that the company returned at the front with the development of mobile...