The Power to Save Lives
- Bill Gates Gets Really Generous. Serwer, Andrew // Fortune;3/1/1999, Vol. 139 Issue 4, p35
Reveals that Bill Gates, chief executive officer of Microsoft, has given his two charitable foundations a combined gift of $3.35 billion. Amount given to the William H. Gates Foundation; What the Gates Learning Foundation received; Criticism of Gates over the level of his philanthropy.
- THE MISSION. Koury, Fred // Smart Business Northern California;Jan2011, Vol. 4 Issue 2, p4
The article presents the author's perspective on the importance of living life with a purpose. The author highlights the success story and benevolence of Microsoft Corp. chief executive officer (CEO) and owner Bill Gates. He claims that Gates and his wife, Melinda, have given away 28 billion...
- Bill Gates REBOOTS. Schlender, Brent // Fortune;7/10/2006, Vol. 154 Issue 1, p72
The article presents an interview with Bill Gates who talks about his decision to recede from his role as CEO of Microsoft Corp. to focus full time on philanthropic work by June of 2008. He will be running the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation with his wife. He also spoke about how difficult it...
- Entrepreneur Of The Millennium: Bill Gates. Smith, Scott S. // Entrepreneur;Dec1999, Vol. 27 Issue 12, p14
Interviews Bill Gates, founder, chairman and chief executive of Microsoft Corp. and `Entrepreneur' magazine's Entrepreneur of the Millennium. Microsoft's hiring and managing practices; His management philosophy; Areas where large companies and small businesses can learn from one another;...
- Social Schmoozing and Data Dipping With Bill. Lundquist, Eric // PC Week;05/24/99, Vol. 16 Issue 21, p114
Comments on the meeting between Microsoft chairman, Bill Gates and chief executive of other companies regarding digital data dipping. Importance of knowledge workers according to Gates; Suggestion to discuss the infrastructure that holds the Web together; Reason executives should care about...
- Chairman Bill sets a new course. Howarth, Brad // BRW;01/21/2000, Vol. 23 Issue 2, p14
Speculates on the impact of Bill Gates' announcement of his plan to resign from his post as chief executive officer of Microsoft Corp. Passing of baton to Steve Ballmer; Impact of anti-trust case against the company; Retention of control over operations through the roles of chairman and chief...
- GAVI aims to double child vaccination rates by 2020. // PharmacoEconomics & Outcomes News;Jun2014, Vol. 705 Issue 1, p2
The article reports on the planned major new immunisation drive by the Global Alliance for Vaccines and Immunisation (GAVI) Alliance in 2014, which it hopes will overcome challenges and be affordable for poorer countries.
- BILL GATES RELINQUISHES DAILY DUTIES AT MICROSOFT. Gibson, Ellen // Fast Company;Jul/Aug2008, Issue 127, p35
The article presents a business news brief. Bill Gates, the founder of the Microsoft Corporation, is relinquishing his daily duties at Microsoft. It states that while he is ceasing full-time activities at Microsoft, he will still be the company's chairman. It mentions Gates is taking a larger...
- VODAFONE IN VACCINE DEAL. // Supply Management;Jan2013, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p12
The article discusses the partnership between Vodafone and Global Alliance for Vaccines and Immunisation (GAVI) for providing mobile technology and resources to enhance the supply of vaccinations for African children.