$46 Million Yard Sale
- CONNOISSEUR CONSIGNMENTS. E. B. // Art + Auction;Oct2011, Vol. 35 Issue 2, p58
The article previews several art auctions featuring items from private art collections. Auctions discussed include the sale of works from the Barry Friedman collection, works from the collections of Lily and Edmond J. Safra, and a sale of artworks from the private collection of Muriel Brandolini.
- All That Glitters. BRYANT, ERIC // Art + Auction;May2012, Vol. 35 Issue 9, p48
The article discusses a charity auction of jewelry held in May 2012 in Geneva, Switzerland. Topics discussed include the involvement of auction houses Sotheby's, Christie's, and Antiquorum, the auctioning of watches, and the collection of jewelry by Lily Safra, which she sold to benefit various...
- Socialite Flips. Malkin, Mark S. // New York;7/28/2003, Vol. 36 Issue 25, p9
Reports that Lily Safra, the widow of banker Edmond Safra, accepted a multimillion dollar offer for her fourth-floor apartment at 820 Fifth Avenue in New York City.
- Untitled. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;6/2/2005, Vol. 189 Issue 116, p4
Reports on the Library of Congress dinner held in Washington D.C. to celebrate the opening of its research and medical facility funded by Lily Safra. Guests who attended the event.
- Heavenly Garden. D. G. // Art & Antiques;Nov2006, Vol. 29 Issue 11, p87
The article features the 16th-century Safavid animal-and-tree carpet from the collections of art collectors Lily and Edmond J. Safra. During the November 2005 auction of the colection of Lily and Edmond, the carpter has brought $2 million. Furthermore, the carpet received the second highest for...
- Nonrefundable Deposit. Blankfeld, Keren // Forbes Asia;2010 Special Issue, Vol. 6 Issue 4, p80
The article presents information on Russian billionaire Mikhail Prokhorov, who recently made a down payment of 53 million dollars to buy a French Riviera estate from Lily Safra. The sale was set to close but Safra's lawyer, Prokhorov's representative did not show up to complete the deal....
- Suzy. Mehle, Aileen // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;4/30/2004, Vol. 187 Issue 91, p16
Reports updates related to the entertainment industry in the U.S. Reconciliation of Farrah Fawcett and Ryan O'Neal; Appointment of Kim Cattrall as co-chairman for the "Madison Avenue Where Fashion Meets Art," the world's largest block party; Recognition of Lily Safra at the Bard Graduate Center...
- Smoke and Murders. // Vanity Fair;Jul2001, Issue 491, p50
Comments on social developments in the United States as of July 2001. Views on actress Nicole Kidman's attendance in the Cannes Film festival; Comments on lawsuits faced by billionaire Lily Safra; Comments on the child-custody case faced by accused murderer Michael Skakel.
- Untitled. // Antiques & Collecting Magazine;Mar1994, Vol. 99 Issue 1, p8
Reports on auctions of antiques and collectibles as of March 1994. Sale of a Tiffany Studios favrile glass daffodil lamp at Julia's Lamp, Glass and Arts & Crafts auction; Sale of a copy of the book `Last of the Great Scouts: Life Story of Col. W.F. Cody' at an American West Archives auction;...