- You be the Judge. Schorr, José // Saturday Evening Post;2/11/1961, Vol. 234 Issue 6, p70
The article focuses on the judgment given by a Pennsylvania court regarding a court case involving a furrier who sued a businessman for refusing to pay for a mink coat bought by his wife. The husband had to pay. The court said that "necessaries" are measured by the living standard that the...
- FURRIERS. // Ebony;Aug1948, Vol. 3 Issue 10, p63
The article profiles African American furriers who got into highly profitable fur business selling pelts to notably rich white Americans which made them successful. They include Cleve Clark of Chicago, Illinois, John T. Vidal of New York, and George Byrd and Alma Byrd of Detroit, Michigan. It...
- Fight over furs. // Current Events;3/2/90, Vol. 89 Issue 20, p1
Examines the animal rights movement's campaign against the fur industry. How fur-bearing animals are killed on ranches and in the wild; Types of traps; Morality issue; Public relations campaign against the fur industry; Position of fur supporters; Recent vote in Aspen, Colo.
- Anti-fur fiascoes on an international scale. // Outdoor Life;May92, Vol. 189 Issue 5, p14
Reports that deadly repercussions from an anti-fur campaign are spreading across New Zealand. Transfer of tuberculosis virus from possum to cattle; Protests in Poland against anti-fur demonstration.
- Fur flies in pelt dispute. Kantor, M. // Sierra;Jul/Aug88, Vol. 73 Issue 4, p25
Animal rights activists are campaigning against the Canadian fur industry and the 100,000 trappers dependent on furs for a living. Over half the trappers are aboriginal people who blame trapping bans for desolate living conditions. Activists' plans; Trappers' income, numbers and opposition;...
- The fur flies. Kasindorf, J. // New York;1/15/90, Vol. 23 Issue 2, p26
Reports on the cold war over animal rights and the fight against fur coats being waged by activists who are picketing furriers and confronting fur-clad New Yorkers. Public relations and advertising campaign launched by furriers; Celebrities against wearing fur; Raising and trapping of...
- Fur flashes Times Square. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;12/7/93, Vol. 166 Issue 109, p8
Reports on the launching of a message about the fur industry on Times Square, New York. Electronic billboard as part of United Fur Campaign; Advertising campaign in print and broadcast media; Comment of Steve Gold, creator of the industrywide advertising campaign by furriers.
- Troubled fur trade and implications for wildlife damage management. Bhat, Mahadev G. // Choices: The Magazine of Food, Farm & Resource Issues;1994 4th Quarter, Vol. 9 Issue 4, p37
Focuses on the fur industry in the United States. Industry's history; Causes of the industry's decline; Artificial fur's impact on the industry.
- Furs: Hot property in Montreal. Dunn, Brian // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;5/28/1996, Vol. 171 Issue 103, p9
Reports on the North American Fur and Fashion Expo held on May 1-4, 1996 in Montreal, Quebec. Forecast for the fur fashions industry for fall/winter 1996; Price hike for mink coats; Percentage of increase in Canadian fur retail sales; Projected increase in fur exports; Forecast for long-haired...