- Two-Factor Authentication Has One Big Endorsement: Google. Quittner, Jeremy // American Banker;2/14/2011, Vol. 176 Issue 24, p1
The article focuses on plans of Google Inc., the Internet search company, to add additional security measures by implementing a two-factor authentication for account access. Details of the verification plan are outlined. Comments on the security measures are offered from executives including...
- Amazement as IT wolf turns into ID sheepdog. Tebbutt, David // Information World Review;Apr2006, Issue 223, p13
Presents an article about the challenges faced by web service providers concerning computer identity security issues. Efforts taken by Microsoft Corp. to prevent secure the identity of computer users; Comments on the development of the InfoCard program of the firm; Impact of the launch of the...
- The Agora Internet. Filman, Robert E. // IEEE Internet Computing;Sep/Oct2005, Vol. 9 Issue 5, p4
Offers observation on the Internet marketplace. Parallels between the Internet's evolution and social interactions; Threat posed by computer crimes to the market; Mechanisms needed to protect the agora Internet.
- Taking measures to block network blackmailers. Dipple, Chris // New Media Age;10/28/2004, p17
This article discusses a variety of measures that can be taken to counter an illegal online activity. The crime is characterized by a ransom note by email, shortly followed by the victims' servers being bombarded with huge volumes of traffic. To address this problem, Web sites can spread...
- Are you in control of your data? Dempster, Ann // Money Marketing;11/28/2013, p49
The article examines how financial advisers can protect their client's data. According to the author, many firms are resorting to storing information through the Internet to better improve client data protection because this eliminates the risks associated with carrying around sensitive client...
- Online ad industry must put consumer trust above all. Desai, Kit // New Media Age;9/11/2008, p17
The author looks at issues relating to the online advertising industry. There were mixed perception concerning online advertising, as well as concerns since some people have lost their trust over the concept of online advertising. To address this issue, the online advertising industry together...
- Supply and Demand. Bryce, Robert // Interactive Week;10/15/2001, Vol. 8 Issue 40, p36
Discusses the advantages of computer security demand on compensations in the information technology sector in the U.S. Security operations for the Internet industry; Spendings on wireless device usage in 2005.
- NIST reports vulnerability of VoIP network systems. // SC Magazine: For IT Security Professionals;Jun2004, p8
This article provides information on a report that says that designing, deploying and securely operating a voice over Internet Protocol (VOIP) network is a complex process that poses significant security problems. The report by the National Institute of Standards and Technology revealed...
- Realization of Information Security in Electronic Commerce. Li Fu-Guo; Dong Yu-Jie // Proceedings of the International Symposium on Computer Science &;Aug2010, Vol. 2 Issue 1, p14
With the wide application of E-commerce, E-commerce security issues become more prominent and urgent. This article discussed information security issues in electronic commerce activities, some solutions are proposed to realize E-commerce security in operation and Ecommerce environment.