- Thailand: On The Edge Of Recession. // Emerging Markets Monitor;2/27/2012, Vol. 17 Issue 45, p7
This article reports on the impact of Thailand's destructive floods on the country's economy, particularly its manufacturing sector, which may not be able to return to full production until the latter half of 2012.
- Outlook and Assumptions: Domestic Assumptions. // Thailand Country Monitor;Nov2011, p3
The article presents an outlook and assumptions in the domestic sector in Thailand which include the effect of flooding in the production of automobile and other manufacturing facilities, the rise in fiscal spending, and the continuous gradual monetary tightening until 2011.
- Beyond Sex and Golf. Wehrfritz, George; Handley, Paul // Newsweek (Pacific Edition);07/12/99 (Pacific Edition), Vol. 134 Issue 2, p12
Looks at Thailand two years after the 1997 collapse of the Thai currency, baht, which triggered a financial crisis. Foreign investment in Thailand; Effect of low-cost competition from China and high-technology from areas such as Singapore on Thailand's economy; Lack of competitiveness in...
- Beyond Sex and Golf. Wehrfritz, George; Handley, Paul // Newsweek (Atlantic Edition);07/12/99 (Atlantic Edition), Vol. 134 Issue 2, p34
Looks at Thailand two years after the 1997collapse of the Thai currency, baht, which triggered a financial crisis. Foreign investment in Thailand; Effect of low-cost competition from China and high-technology from areas such as Singapore on Thailand's economy; Lack of competitiveness in...
- CD-RW Drives. Perenson, Melissa J. // PC World;Sep2002, Vol. 20 Issue 9, p98
Provides a guide in buying data disk drives. Increase in the rewritable speed of the products; Purpose of the buffer in disk drives; Assessment on the cost of internal IDE drives.
- Rewritable DVD Drives. Perenson, Melissa J. // PC World;Sep2002, Vol. 20 Issue 9, p100
Presents a guide in selecting rewritable digital video disk (DVD) drives. Features of the rewritable format; Difference in the speed between DVD+RW and DVD-ROM; Comparative cost of internal and external DVD burners.
- Economic Policy: Monetary Policy - Recent Developments. // Thailand Country Monitor;Jan2012, p13
The article presents developments related to economic and monetary policy for Thailand in 2009-2011. One development refers to the move of the Bank of Thailand (BoT) which cut its policy interest rate by 25 basis point due to the impact of severe flood. Another notes to the monetary tightening...
- Economic Policy: Monetary Policy and Outlook. // Thailand Country Monitor;Nov2011, p12
The article offers information regarding the economic policy in Thailand, considering the monetary policy. It mentions that the October 19, 2011 meeting will be postponed by Bank of Thailand and further hikes will be delayed due to the extent of economic damage from severe floods. It states that...
- The Urban Political Ecology of the 2011 Floods in Bangkok: The Creation of Uneven Vulnerabilities. Marks, Danny // Pacific Affairs;Sep2015, Vol. 88 Issue 3, p623
This paper uses an urban political ecology analysis to question the discourses used by Thai government leaders regarding the causes of the 2011 floods in Bangkok and the solutions that they have proposed in response. In contrast to their argument that the main causes of the floods in Bangkok...