Both Sides Now
- China Trade Review Notes Reform Prospects, Transparency Questions. // Bridges Weekly Trade News Digest;7/10/2014, Vol. 18 Issue 25, p12
The article focuses on the biennial reviews conducted by the members of the World Trade Organization on the trade policies of China. It mentions that the review highlights the important effect of the Asian economy on the global economy. It also discusses the move of China to lift some...
- Chinese securities reform: The role of QFII in the corporate governance process. Ferguson, Michael J.; McGuinness, Paul B. // Business Horizons;Mar/Apr2004, Vol. 47 Issue 2, p53
China's December 2001 elevation to the World Trade Organization has set in train a raft of reforms in its securities markets. One of the most significant of these is the recent promulgation of a Qualified Foreign Institutional Investor (QFII) scheme, designed to allow the largest overseas...
- STRATEGIC CHANGE AND THE LIMITS OF CENTRAL AUTHORITY IN CHINA. Sheehan, Peter; Grewal, Bhajan // Public Finance & Management;Dec2008, Vol. 8 Issue 4, p568
In the transition from plan to market China achieved great benefits from adopting a gradualist approach, and avoided many of the issues that plagued those countries in Eastern Europe which pursued a 'big-bang' model of reform. Nevertheless, economic change in China has been very rapid, and has...
- CHINA'S NEW ECONOMIC AGENDA: POLICY IMPLICATIONS FOR LIBERALIZING THE CAPITAL ACCOUNT. Yonghao, Pu // CATO Journal;Spring/Summer2001, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p113
Deals with the consequences of China's entry to the World Trade Organization. Recommendations for improving allocation of capital; Challenges for monetary policy; Impact on financial policy.
- China's economic system and its accession to the WTO. Keidel, Albert // Journal of Northeast Asian Studies;Fall96, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p45
Focuses on China's economic systems and its accession to the World Trade Organization (WTO). When China embarked on reforms; China's economic conditions; What China's trading partners are concern about; Arguments about China's WTO membership; China's long-term goal; Information on China's reforms.
- China wary of terms in bid to enter trade club. Tefft, Sheila // Christian Science Monitor;1/3/96, Vol. 88 Issue 26, p9
Reports on the hopes of Beijing, to gain membership in the World Trade Organization (WTO) in 1996, without interruption of its partially liberalized economy. What joining the WTO would allow China; China's overtures to lower trade barriers; Comments from a Western diplomat; Steps taken by China...
- Recent claims of China's economic exceptionalism: Reflections inspired by WTO accession. // China Economic Review (1043951X);2001, Vol. 12 Issue 2/3, p107
Focuses on the changes of institutional forms of China after the World Trade Organization (WTO) membership. Occurrence of economic succession as a result of the membership; Convergence of economic institutions; Advancement of the member of the WTO.
- OC Companies Awaiting China's WTO Changes. Cziborr, Chris // Orange County Business Journal;11/26/2001, Vol. 24 Issue 48, p1
Focuses on the changes brought by the entry of China into the World Trade Organization (WTO). Impact of the entry of WTO on the economy; Reduction of tariff; Export activities of Orange County businesses.
- Part Two: China Within the WTO: Foreign Trade Activity and its Administration. Li Yong // Doing Business with China;2005, p58
The chapter focuses on the administration of market access for new entrants to China's foreign trade activities as of January 2005. It discusses the significant changes that have taken place in more than two decades of reform. It also points out the liberalization of the foreign trade...