- Written particulars - part-time employees. // Accountancy;Oct91, Vol. 108 Issue 1178, p46
Reports on the extension of workers' right to a written statement of their conditions of employment in Great Britain. Effect om part-time employees; Agreement by European Commission employment ministers; Work details included in the statement.
- Part timers entitled to employment rights. // Accountancy;Jan1990, Vol. 105 Issue 1157, p50
Reports on the case 'Rinner-Kuhn v. FWW Spezial Gebaudereinigung GmbH & Co. KG' about the employment rights of part-timers. Details of the case; Decision of the European Court; Implications for British employers and British law.
- Bishops say use of part-time workers is destabilizing. Coday, Dennis // National Catholic Reporter;6/6/2003, Vol. 39 Issue 31, p7
Reports on the destabilizing impact of part-time employment on society according to the bishops in Canada. Source of job insecurity; Qualification of specialized skills to full-time job positions; Inequality of provincial labor laws.
- Equal rights for part-time workers. // Accountancy Ireland;Oct2000, Vol. 32 Issue 5, p40
Reports on the drafting of the Protection of Employees Bill designed to guarantee equal rights for part-time workers in Ireland. Provisions under the bill.
- Dismissing a part-time employee. Dunham, Robin // Accountancy;Dec1981, Vol. 92 Issue 1060, p78
Discusses the dismissal of part-time employees in Great Britain. Requisite for the claim of unfair dismissal; Provisions of section 49 of the Employment Protection Act of 1978; Payment in lieu of notice; Legal representation of the employer before an industrial court.
- Promotion of Part-time Work through Legal Entitlement - Help or Hindrance for Employment Growth? Hoist, Elke; Schupp, Jurgen // Economic Bulletin;2001, Vol. 38 Issue 2, p73
It is informed that since January 2001, full-time employees in Germany, currently almost 19 million persons, have been entitled to work part time in their place of work. In addition, part-time workers-- around 6.5 million persons-- who wish to increase their hours of work must be offered...
- Part-time employees. Martin, David M. // A to Z of Employment Practice;2004, p403
This article focuses on the legal obligation of employers to part-time employees in Great Britain. Legislation provides people working under non-standard contracts same or similar rights to permanent employees. There are at present two types of workers protected by this comparability...
- Flexibility measures to go ahead despite economic gloom. Brockett, James // People Management;12/11/2008, Vol. 14 Issue 25, p7
This article reports on the measures that will give parents of children aged up to 16 the right to request flexible working from their employers in Great Britain in 2008. The measures will enable an extra 4.5 million people to access arrangements such as part-time working or amended hours....
- Equal measures. Javaid, Makbool // People Management;05/06/99, Vol. 5 Issue 9, p27
Outlines the forthcoming legal developments geared towards inequality from the workplace. Laws contributing discrimination problems; Implementation of the part-time workers directive by April 2000; Employment relations bill.