A Love Match? Must be Wimbledon
- REPUTATIONS. Wilson, Christopher // Eye (0960779X);Spring2006, Vol. 15 Issue 59, p26
An interview with British designer and author Richard Hollis is presented. When asked why he dropped out of Wimbledon School of Art in 1957, he said that the school was more sophisticated, however, he only went there two evenings a week where he does painting with William Turnball and topography...
- Profile: Mark Tildesley. // Design Week;1/20/2011, Vol. 26 Issue 3, p13
The article profiles film and stage designer Mark Tildesley. It states that Tildesley is working with director Danny Boyle for the theatrical production "Frankenstein" at National Theater in London, England on February 5, 2011. It says that he studied theatre design at Wimbledon School of Art in...
- Essential fatty acids and cardiovascular disease: the Edinburgh Artery Study. Leng, G.C.; Taylor, G.S.; Lee, A.J.; Fowkes, G.R.F.; Horrobin, D. // Vascular Medicine;1999, Vol. 4 Issue 4, p219
The aim of this study was to determine whether plasma and red cell fatty acid levels were associated with cardiovascular disease, and whether any association was independent of other major risk factors. Over 1100 subjects were examined in a random sample survey of the general population (the...
- Art for the sake of life. J.W. // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;3/1/93, Vol. 20 Issue 11, p9
Contends that while historians claim that society's health lies in the vigor with which its people share in its spirit, in a modern liberal society, claims of truth, goodness and beauty seem to be replaced by personal rights, of each person to live according to a self-chosen style. An artist...
- Computers in architecture. // Architectural Record;May1984, Vol. 172 Issue 6, p39
The inevitability of the computer take-over in small businesses has affected the architectural business also. The computer has taken away the drudgery and made work more fun.
- ART. // Advocate;1/6/87, Issue 463, p75
Reports on art events that are of importance to gay and lesbian organizations in San Francisco, California, as of January 6, 1987.
- The art of the dealers. Sturgis, I. // Black Enterprise;Jul90, Vol. 20 Issue 12, p62
Examines the challenges faced by black art dealers and gallery owners. Growing market for African-American art; Escalating prices; Costs of opening a gallery; Low profit margins; Increasing competition; Future prospects for success.
- Illustration as art: Shape. Elleman, Barbara // Book Links;Mar1996, Vol. 5 Issue 4, p52
Reports that shapes can be used in illustrative art as a method of teaching children how to understand the art form as well as the emotional aspect of an image. What this type of art can do for children; Examples.
- Make a photo display. Asa, W. // Boys' Life;Jul89, Vol. 79 Issue 7, p54
Describes how to make a wooden photo collage. Materials needed; Step-by-step directions.