Will the real Sir Martin stand up?
- IN THE NAME OF... // Public Relations Tactics;Nov2002, Vol. 9 Issue 11, p3
Reports on the percentage of surveyed companies in the United States that introduced another name for a product, service or company in the last two years ending 2002.
- CORPORATE NAME GAMES. // Management Review;Oct87, Vol. 76 Issue 10, p8
Reports on the number of corporations in the United States that changed names. Reason behind corporations' decision to change names; Merged companies that adopted another name; Implication of name changes on firms' business strategies.
- Valued brands increasingly reflected on balance sheets. // Finance Week;07/23/99, p50
Discusses the accounting of brands in South Africa as intangible assets on balance sheets. Period set by the International Accounting Standards Committee for their amortization; Measurement of brand valuations against marketing successes; Brand-related provisions of the Income Tax Act.
- Awards (snobs, food, car-washing), and "Form follows …". // Fairfield County Business Journal;2/27/2006, Vol. 45 Issue 9, p51
The article reports on the top five interesting business names in Connecticut. Topping the list is Itchycoo Park followed by RU Swanky? Design. While Sphinx, Blush LLC and Angel Maintenance Services belong to the last three spots. On the other hand, Dynamic Beverages LLC won the Liquor Snobby...
- One4all brand replaces Gift Voucher Shop. // Promotions & Incentives;May2008, p7
The article reports on the rebranding of the Gift Voucher Shop to One4all in Great Britain. The purpose of rebranding is to make a consumer profile capitalization of its vouchers and cites that the redesigning of One4all Gift Voucher Logo is to emphasize bold colors and speech bubbles. In...
- What's A Job? Phillips, Ken // Institute of Public Affairs Review;Jun2004, Vol. 56 Issue 2, p36
Comments on the brand name attack campaign in Australia. Information on the business's core brand name; Explanation of the Secretary of the Victorian Trades Hall Council on the brand attack processes; View on the trouble with moral crusaders.
- Nameâ„¢ of the game. Schachter, Ken // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);9/10/2004, Vol. 51 Issue 39, p1A
Discusses the trademarking of the names and symbols of companies in Long Island, New York. Trademarks' coverage of a word, phrase, symbol or design that distinguishes the source of a product; Popularity of trademarked names such as Atkins Nutritionals, Weight Watchers Interantional and...
- The Intellectual Property Mystique. Berg, Joel // njbiz;4/7/2008, Vol. 21 Issue 15, Special section p12
The article reports on intellectual property and the risk of buying other companies' intellectual property (IP). Kenneth Weitzman of the Weitzman law offices says a lot of deals have fallen because of problems in IP. He also said buyers should be careful and should look closely to what they are...
- Building a Brand. Knight, Julia // New Mexico Business Journal;Nov2002, Vol. 26 Issue 10, p11
Discusses the importance of branding to a company. Concept of branding; Reasons why companies should establish a brand name; Consequences if a brand becomes a liability. INSET: Roswell, New Mexico Turns UFO Branding into Economic Booster.