Study on FCC's Backlog Sees Gains, Urges Action
- Information Collection(s) Being Reviewed by the Federal Communications Commission, Comments Requested. Dortch, Marlene H. // Federal Register (National Archives & Records Service, Office of;11/16/2012, Vol. 77 Issue 222, p68778
The article focuses on a notice issued by the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) regarding solicitation of comments on the proposed information collection. Information collection entitled "Pole Attachment Complaint Procedures" provides complaint and enforcement procedures to ensure the...
- Proposed Rules: FEDERAL COMMUNICATIONS COMMISSION. // Federal Register;
The article presents Petitions for Reconsideration that have been filed to the rulemaking proceeding of the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC). It states that the petitions were filed by several individuals on behalf of their telecommunication companies. They include W. Scott McCollugh...
- FCC Eyes WOW Factor. // Broadcasting & Cable;11/25/2002, Vol. 132 Issue 48, p7
Reports on the complaints made by an overbuilder in Detroit Wide Open West about the violation of customer service rules by Comcast Corp. Brief information about the complaint; Investigation of the matter by the U.S. Federal Communications Commission.
- FCC ENFORCEMENT ACTIONS. // QST;Dec2007, Vol. 91 Issue 12, p61
The article lists several people who received notification from the Federal Communications Commission including Raymond W. Czyzewski, David B. Huston, and Darin W. Colville.
- Power struggle. // Broadcasting & Cable;6/17/2002, Vol. 132 Issue 25, p50
Focuses on the complaint of WBOC-TV related to interference from a noncommercial stations powered-up DTV signal in Salisbury, Maryland. Basis of U.S. Federal Communication Commission separation scheme; Focus of the complaint on water-related propagation issue; Integrity of existing analog signals.
- Free Airtime Plan Criticized. Greppi, Michele; Halonen, Doug // Television Week;11/1/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 44, p3
Reports on a complaint filed by several legislators to the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) against campaign contributions given by Pappas Telecasting Cos. Background of the television company; Response of Pappas to the allegations; Statement issued by FCC regarding the complaint.
- The FCC teaches me a lesson. McNamara, Paul // Network World;3/30/2009, Vol. 26 Issue 13, p38
The author shares the lessons he learned from the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) about the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995. He notes that the FCC took eight densely typewritten pages telling him that it had received his complaint regarding his difficulties encountered with Verizon...
- At the Portals. // CableFAX Daily;2/17/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 33, p2
Reports on the decline in cable and satellite service complaints at the U.S. Federal Communications Commission in the fourth quarter of 2005.
- Comcast Settles File Flap. Hearn, Ted // Multichannel News;10/25/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 43, p48
Deals with the settlement of the complaint filed by the Communications Workers of America and the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers against Comcast Corp. in November 2003. Overview of the case; Failure of the company to make the public files available to the labor groups; Penalty...