HBO, 'SI' Tackle 'Sports in America' In a Series
- Sport in America. BECHTEL, MARK; GORANT, JIM; DUERSON, ADAM // Sports Illustrated;11/25/2013, Vol. 119 Issue 21, p30
A review is presented of the documentary television program "Sport in America."
- Prime time for documentaries. McAvoy, Kim // Broadcasting & Cable;06/29/98, Vol. 128 Issue 27, p34
Focuses on the resurgence of documentary programming. Documentary films planned by HBO; Time Incorporated-CNN Productions President Pat Mitchell's comments on television documentary; Budgetary appeal of documentary programming. INSETS: CNN tackles `Cold War';The documentarian turns to cable.
- Grenier doc in HBO sights. Schneider, Michael // Daily Variety;4/8/2010, Vol. 307 Issue 4, p2
The article announces that U.S. rights to the documentary "Teenage Paparazzo," directed by Adrian Grenier has been acquired by Home Box Office Inc. (HBO).
- HBO hails 'Mailroom.' Fleming, Michael // Daily Variety;2/20/2003, Vol. 278 Issue 34, p1
Reports that Home Box Office (HBO) Inc. and Brad Grey Television have made a deal to give documentary treatment to the David Rensin book 'The Mailroom: Hollywood History From the Bottom Up.' Grey's agreement to produce the documentary with HBO executive vice president of original programming;...
- Why the Gun Sounded on 'Inside the NFL' Greenburg, Ross // Multichannel News;2/18/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 7, p37
The article presents an interview with Ross Greenburg, Home Box Office Inc.'s sports president. He talked about the network's decision to discontinue the program and the network's boxing and sports-documentary strategy for 2008. He cited the network's plans for a documentary on the 1960 Cherry...
- HBO helps build Eastern blocks. Tizard, Will // Variety;8/16/2010, Vol. 420 Issue 1, p12
The article discusses how the Home Box Office (HBO) cable network is attempting to help develop television programs for Eastern European television networks. HBO will produce television documentaries such as "The World According to Ion B," "Heaven, Hell," and "Let's Run Away From Her" to be...
- Clinton attorney allied to Cochran Firm featured in HBO lawsuit documentary. McBride, Earnest // Jackson Advocate;7/14/2011, Vol. 73 Issue 39, p17A
The article reports that Vicki Gilliam of the Gilliam Firm of Clinton will be featured in a documentary television program from Home Box Office Inc. (HBO).
- HBO HUNGRY FOR EURO DOCS. Nadler, John // Variety;3/17/2008, Vol. 410 Issue 5, p18
The article describes the focus of the television channel HBO Central Europe. Rather than merely showing Western blockbuster movies, concerts, and television series, the channel is focusing on producing original programming. The article describes the channelâ€™s efforts to meet the Eastern...
- BILL MAHER. Fritz, Ben // Daily Variety;11/20/2008, Vol. 301 Issue 34, pA10
The article profiles Bill Maher, the host of the television show "Real Time" of Home Box Office Inc. (HBO). It notes that Maher has anti-George W. Bush views. His influence has never been greater. His provocative documentary "Religious" reveals his most passionate and unpopular views. He admits...