PPV Execs Don't Fear UFC Fights on Fox
- MULTICHANNEL PLANNER. // Multichannel News;11/9/2015, Vol. 36 Issue 40, p3
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various reports within the issue on topics including third-quarter earnings for pay TV (television) distributors, revival of martial arts genre on TV with a drama and video accessibility.
- WORLD NEWS. Dawtrey, Adam; Kohl, Christian; Kan, Wendy; Whiteman, Bobbie; Mathur, Arti // Daily Variety;3/28/2002, Vol. 275 Issue 21, p9
Reports global developments related to the entertainment industry as of March 2002. Deal signed by Random Harvest with Buena Vista for European distribution of films from its Four Horsemen label; Dismissal of employees at Television Broadcasts in Hong Kong, China; Launch of a pay movie channel...
- LANDING In GERMANY. Guider, Elizabeth // Daily Variety;7/14/2003, Vol. 280 Issue 6, p28
Reports on the launch of the Sci Fi Channel on the revamped Premier pay television platform in Germany. Terms of the deal; Access to the Sci Fi's library of movies; Impact of the move on the operations of the company.
- Fox Sports Site Sets Sights on PPV. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;09/11/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 37, p32
Reports on the plan of the FOXSports.com to offer live sports programming through the Internet, possibly on a pay-per-view (PPV) basis. Success of its Webcast of the Nebraska-San Jose State college-football game; Comments of FOXSports.com senior vice president Danny Greenberg on the significance...
- Foxtel likely to hold on to NRL rights. Mason, Max // Australian Financial Review (0404-2018);8/28/2015, p18
The article reports that David Gyngell, chief executive officer of Nine Entertainment Co. has backed Foxtel and Fox Sports to hold on to the pay television rights to the National Rugby League.
- PIX EARLY FOR FOXTEL'S PPV. Chai, Paul // Daily Variety;11/3/2010, Vol. 309 Issue 23, p6
The article reports on the deal attained by Paybox Foxtel to shorten the Australian pay-per-view (PPV) window so it would coincide with the homevideo release in Sydney in 2010.
- Qataris may bid for NRL pay TV rights. White, Dominic; Stensholt, John // Australian Financial Review (0404-2018);8/26/2015, p7
The article reports that a well-funded potential competitor to Fox Sports is being created by Qatar-based sports broadcasting giant beIN Sports LLC in a bid for the pay-television rights to screen National Rugby League matches.
- RSN Deals. // CableFAX Daily;4/3/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 63, p2
Reports on the renewal of the deal between RCN and YES cable networks. Terms of the deal; Information on the carriage deal between SportsTime OH and DISH Network.
- BT Vision picks up as fiber goes deeper. Hunter, Philip // Broadcast Engineering Exclusive Insight;7/ 9/2012, p6
The article reports on the 23 percent increase in subscriber base of BT Vision, the third biggest British pay television (TV) service over the last 12 months to end the first quarter of 2012 with 707,000 customers. Aside from adding 28,000 customers in the first quarter of 2012, new content...