Affiliates Eye Payment for NBA Losses
- 'Full Court Friday' Plan Packs 10 Pac-12 Games Into 6 Hours. Reynolds, Mike // Multichannel News;11/10/2014, Vol. 35 Issue 42, p46
The article reports that sports-oriented digital cable company Pac-12 Networks has released its "Full Court Friday" basketball programming for November 14, 2014. Topics discussed include the airing of 10 basketball games in a span of six hours and ratings competition with NFL Red Zone. The...
- NBA TV Fills the Gap With Specials, Movies. // Multichannel News;11/21/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 44, p8
The article reports on the move of the sport network NBA TV to fill the four-month National Basketball Association (NBA) games lockout with movies and vintage games of the NBA.
- Hoops hit 5-year high. Kissell, Rick // Daily Variety;6/15/2010, Vol. 307 Issue 51, p6
The article reports that the 2010 National Basketball Association (NBA) Finals on June 13, 2010 earned a 7.0 rating and 18.2 million viewers.
- NBA Tipoff: Five Things You Should Know. REYNOLDS, MIKE // Multichannel News;10/27/2014, Vol. 35 Issue 40, p14
The article forecasts major trends related to the National Basketball Association (NBA)'s 2014-15 season. Topics include possibility of streaming the NBA regional matches through Internet by Fox Sports Networks, changes in regional viewership, views of Doug White, television network ESPN's...
- SPORTS. Reynolds, Mike // Multichannel News;12/17/2012, Vol. 33 Issue 48, p14
The article offers information on the changes and developments which will be taking place in sports television industry in 2013.
- SPORT. // Mail on Sunday;12/ 1/2013, p68
Live Premier League Football BT Sport 1, 7pm
- Cartoon Net, NBA hoop it up. Hibberd, James // Hollywood Reporter;3/24/2009, Vol. 409 Issue 5, p6
The article reports that Cartoon Network in partnership with the National Basketball Association (NBA) is developing basketball-themed television programs. The agreement calls for new content on-air, online and for mobile devices, expanding Cartoon parent company Turner's 25-year relationship...
- Breaking Point for Sports Rights Fees? STEINBERG, BRIAN // Variety;10/14/2014, Vol. 325 Issue 10, p14
The article discusses programming fees paid by cable and satellite television distributors to sports organizations to air professional sports games, focusing on the rates charged television channels owned by Walt Disney and Time Warner by the NBA (National Basketball Association). Topics include...
- Full-court yule press. LEVINE, STUART // Daily Variety;12/23/2010, Vol. 309 Issue 57, p1
The article announces the sports telecast of the most awaited National Basketball Association (NBA) matchups of 2011 in the U.S. which will be aired at the American Broadcasting Co. (ABC) and the Entertainment and Sports Programming Network (ESPN). It highlights the game between the Miami Heat...