Cox Hangs Up on Wireless
- Cox Waves Mobile Flag. SPANGLER, TODD // Multichannel News;1/18/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 3, p18
The article reports on the plan of Cox Communications Inc. to launch wireless services in three markets including Hampton Roads, Virginia, Omaha, Nebraska and Orange County, California in March 2010.
- Cox Communications Unveils Wireless Service. Graves, Brad // San Diego Business Journal;10/10/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 41, p31
The article reports that Cox Communications Inc. brought out wireless service including Android handsets, cable television, and landline phone service to the market in San Diego County, California on September 29, 2011.
- Target: Mobile Workers. SPANGLER, TODD // Multichannel News;3/29/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 13, p34
The article reports on the plan of Cox Communications Inc. to market wireless voice and data services to small businesses.
- COX PROFITS TUMBLE. DiOrio, Carl // Daily Variety;10/26/2001, Vol. 273 Issue 40, p6
Reports the decline in sales of Cabler Cox Communications in Hollywood, California. Factors contributing to the decline; Statistics on the revenues of the company; Announcement of affiliate Cox Enterprises of a sale on their shares in Cox Communications.
- Look, Ma, No Towers. Martinek, Marcia // Wireless Review;08/01/99, Vol. 16 Issue 15, p20
Reports on WirelessNorth's use of plasma current switch-over-cable technology. Advantage of the technology; Description of the set-up; Details of the installation made by Cox Communications; Product enhancements. INSETS: PCS Over Cable for CDMA;Extensions & Fillers.
- NUMBERS CRUNCHED. // Telephony;11/26/2001, Vol. 241 Issue 22, p18
Presents statistics on the telecommunications industry as of November 2001. Percentage of the world's international phone-to-phone traffic that will travel over Internet protocol networks; Increase in the number of minutes of use wireless carriers billed for in the first six months of 2001;...
- Cox Tests 4G Wireless Voice, Video. Spangler, Todd // Multichannel News;2/1/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 5, p21
The article reports on the successful test done by Cox Communications Inc. on voice calling and high-definition video streaming over wireless networks using fourth-generation wireless Long Term Evolution (LTE) technology in Phoenix, Arizona and San Diego, California.
- Cox Axes 3G Wireless Buildout. Spangler, Todd // Multichannel News;5/30/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 22, p7
The article focuses on the withdrawal of Cox Communications Inc. to its third generation (3D) wireless networks to focus on rolling out wireless voice and data service through its wholesale agreement with Sprint Nextel Corp.
- Obfuscated C Code back in vogue. // Network World;11/21/2011, Vol. 28 Issue 21, p8
The article offers news briefs on information technology (IT) such as the return of the International Obfuscated C Code Contest, the move of Cox Communications Inc. to stop its wireless services, and Robert Butyka's arrest for hacking the National Aeronautics & Space Administration (NASA) servers.