AMD to replace Time Computers as Blackburn Rovers FC sponsor
- Breaking clean? // Electronic News;7/5/93, Vol. 39 Issue 1970, p4
Announces the official launch of the `cleanroom' 486SXs from Advanced Micro Devices. Threat of damage payments to Intel for using its microcode; Long-range goal of migrating its customers from 486DXs to the independently developed parts.
- AMD positions custom devices for PDA fields. McCausland, Richard // Electronic News;8/2/93, Vol. 39 Issue 1974, p1
Reports on the introduction by Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) of a customized single-chip solution for personal digital assistants (PDA). 386-based device by Customer Specific Products Division (CSD); Features and functions; Specifications; Comment from AMD chairman Jerry Sanders.
- AMD rolls out 1MB, 2MB 5V flash cards. // Electronic News;8/2/93, Vol. 39 Issue 1974, p18
Reports on the introduction by Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) of flash memory cards. Capacities; Conformity to Personal Computer Memory Card International Association (PCMCIA) standards; Specifications of the product; AMD share in the card market.
- AMD extends low-voltage EpROM line. // Electronic News;8/30/93, Vol. 39 Issue 1978, p18
Reports on Advanced Micro Devices' extension of its line of 3.3 EpROMs with 1Mbit and 2Mbit devices. Target market of the products; Technology used in manufacturing the devices; Packaging availability; Prices.
- Maverick AMD results gyrate stocks. Haber, Carol // Electronic News;10/11/93, Vol. 39 Issue 1984, p1
Reports on the stock market's reaction to Advanced Micro Devices' third quarter revenues. Increased demand for other semiconductor issues; Net income and revenues reported; Suits filed due to exposure to Intel's 386 microcode; Difficulties not reflective of industry.
- Coming to market. // Electronic News;10/11/93, Vol. 39 Issue 1984, p4
Reports on Advanced Micro Devices' devices for the hand-held market. First product from Customer Specific Products Division.
- AMD's own microcode to hit the chips in late September. Polilli, Steve // InfoWorld;7/12/93, Vol. 15 Issue 28, p87
Reports on Advanced Micro Devices Inc.'s (AMD) plans to begin shipments of three 486SX processors with AMD-developed microcode by the end of September 1993. 33-MHz, 40-MHz and low-voltage 33-MHz versions.
- Like that tax man: // Inter@ctive Week;08/04/97, Vol. 4 Issue 26, p56
Reports that during the first quarter of 1997, Micro Devices Incorporated received a $101 million tax refund. Total amount of the company's positive cash flow for the first quarter of the year.
- Advanced Micro Devices... // Electronic News;11/29/93, Vol. 39 Issue 1991, p28
Reports on Advanced Micro Devices' shipments of reduced instruction set computing (RISC) microprocessors and microcontrollers from its 29k line of products. Versions; Features; Pricing.