Safeway media review heralds return to TV ads
- Safeway envisions a future without print advertising. // Advertising Age;2/25/2013, Vol. 84 Issue 8, p5
The article discusses advertising media planning by supermarket chain Safeway, focusing on a statement by Chief Executive Officer (CEO) Steve Burd that the company hopes to eliminate its print advertising and replace it with Internet advertising.
- MEC Manchester wins Â£18m Morrisons. Lee, Jeremy // Campaign (UK);5/7/2004, Issue 19, p5
Mediaedge:cia Manchester has won the Â£18 million centralised media planning and buying account for the Morrisons Supermarkets and Safeway Stores Inc. Later this year, Morrisons will be undertaking a rebranding of its 430 Safeway stores. It has started advertising its price-led approach in the...
- Safeway Taps Dailey to Handle $100 Mil. Biz. Feuer, Jack; Stewart, Al // Adweek Eastern Edition;4/2/2001, Vol. 42 Issue 14, p4
Reports that food and drug retailer Safeway Inc. awarded its creative shop, Dailey & Associates LP, media planning and buying duties for its chains. Estimated value of the account; Background on the agency; Incumbent agencies ousted.
- Safeway to Launch Keurig Coffee Pods. Gallagher, Julie // Supermarket News Expert Blog;6/12/2012, p5
This article reports on the plan of Safeway, a supermarket chain based in Pleasanton, California, to launch five private-label coffee pods for use with Keurig single-cup brewers.
- Safeway pushes low price message. Tylee, John // Campaign;07/16/99, Issue 28, p10
Focuses on the advertising campaign created for Safeway Stores Inc. supermarkets in Great Britain by Bates UK. Price competitiveness as the main emphasis of the campaign.
- Safeway to sell ad space down checkout lanes. // Marketing (00253650);10/5/2000, p4
Presents details on the plan of supermarket chain, Safeway to sell advertising space at its checkout counters in Great Britain.
- Congratulations Safeway on fourth Lakehead location. // Northern Ontario Business;Oct95, Vol. 15 Issue 12, p34
Reports that the fourth Safeway store in Thunder Bay, Ontario is expected to open in early December 1995. Hiring of subcontractors by general contractor Tim MacLeod to finish the store on time; Features of the store; Proximity to other highly-frequented shops and services.
- Safeway woos families with new recipe zones. Jardine, Alexandra // Marketing (00253650);7/1/1999, p5
Informs that Safeway is reorganizing its Great Britain stores to help customers plan their meals more easily, as it tries to consolidate its image as `the family supermarket'. Eat Easy initiative; Creation of recipe-focused `zones' in stores; Result of an introduction of a `category management'...
- Safeway sticks to `guerrilla' strategy. Jardine, Alexandra // Marketing (00253650);5/25/2000, p7
Focuses on the advertising strategy chosen by Safeway's Carlos Criado-Perez for the supermarket chain in Great Britain. Preference for guerrilla advertising such as flyers and local press advertisements as opposed to a national advertising campaign; Total amount invested on promotions since...