Friends of the Earth chief marketer goes to Target Direct
- SLOGAN DOCTOR FRIENDS OF THE EARTH: 'MAKING LIFE BETTER FOR PEOPLE BY INSPIRING SOLUTIONS TO ENVIRONMENTAL PROBLEMS'. Morrish, John // Management Today;Nov2009, p18
The article presents a criticism on the slogan of the Friends of the Earth organization which is "Making Life Better for People by Inspiring Solutions to Environmental Problems." The author mentions that the motto contains too many prepositions that are unnecessary and do not create an impact....
- Target reshuffles management to aid growth. // Precision Marketing;3/21/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 23, p2
Reports the restructuring of Target Direct's top-level management to sustain growth in Great Britain. Promotion of Paul Farthing as managing director; Appointment of Ray Clark as group marketing director; Promotion of Pippa Carte as client services manager.
- Oxfam sharpens Net recruitment tactics. Balmond, Sarah // Precision Marketing;8/15/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 44, p2
Highlights the decision of British charity Oxfam to award its electronic-marketing account to Target Direct following a three-way pitch. Aim of Oxfam to establish online activity as an effective way of boosting acquisitions; Test campaign scheduled in September and October 2003.
- Amnesty to decide on future of Target brief after dispute. Davies, Ashley // Campaign (UK);08/14/98, Issue 33, p7
Reveals that the future of Amnesty International's relationship with Target Direct Marketing is under consideration, due to agreements on strategic aspects of the account. Discussion on a dispute between the two organizations; Comments by Amnesty's head of direct ,marketing Joanna Gilson;...
- Friends of the Earth. // Mother Jones;Nov86, Vol. 11 Issue 7, p34
This is a small environmental group, but its influence has been felt throughout the environmental movement since its creation 17 years ago. Now, the bitter fight within FOE has left its founder out in the wilderness and has raised questions about money, charisma and politics for the entire...
- Friends of the Earth, friends of trees. // UNESCO Courier;Jan93, Vol. 46 Issue 1, p27
Announces that a Friends of the Earth group has been established in Lome, Togo. Undertaking of a tree-planting campaign; What they're planting and why; Details.
- Sites threatened. // Geographical (Campion Interactive Publishing);Dec94, Vol. 66 Issue 12, p7
Reports on the result of Friends of the Earth survey on the Sites of Special Scientific Interest in England and Wales.
- To move or not to move. // Newsweek;1/27/1986, Vol. 107 Issue 4, p7
After battling a year, the governing board of the Friends of the Earth and the group's founder are still at loggerheads over whether the organization should close its San Francisco headquarters and move to Washington.
- Friends of the Earth. // Geographical (Campion Interactive Publishing);Nov96, Vol. 68 Issue 11, p25
Focuses on Friends of the Earth's Mahogany is Murder, a no-frills site presentation that highlight controversial issues and environmental unsafe practices.