Taking a bite out of healthy living
- FEEDING OFF THE BEAUTY MARKET. Charles, Gemma // Marketing Week (01419285);7/4/2002, Vol. 25 Issue 27, p22
Focuses on the chances for success of the joint venture of Nestle Corp. and L'Oreal SA to produce nutraceutical brands. Close scrutiny of health and beauty products from legal authorities; Sales performance of other brands; Implications for marketing and advertising.
- NestlÃ©-L'OrÃ©al JV Targets Cosmetic Nutrition. Schmitt, Bill // Chemical Week;7/24/2002, Vol. 164 Issue 29, p29
Reports on the joint venture to be formed by France-based L'Or Ã© al and Switzerland-based Nestl Ã© which will be located in France. Objective of the joint venture; Name to be given to the joint venture; Competition of the joint venture in the cosmetic industry.
- Body Shop sells out. // New Internationalist;May2006, Issue 389, p23
The article focuses on cosmetics giant L'Oreal's acquisition of the Body Shop. L'Oreal also owned Garnier, Giorgio Armani, Helena Rubenstein and Lancome. L'Oreal is also partly owned by Nestle. Nestle was voted the world's least responsible company. It is the subject of a boycott due to its...
- Nestle anticipates L'Oreal purchase. McCarthy, Michael // Brandweek;6/27/94, Vol. 35 Issue 26, p12
Reports on Nestle SA's plans to acquire cosmetics giant L'Oreal SA if and when the Bettencourt family relinquishes their majority stake in L'Oreal. Reluctance of the Bettencourts to sell the family's stake.
- Nestle won't snare L'Oreal, yet. Bowes, Elena // Advertising Age;3/14/1994, Vol. 65 Issue 11, p10
Reports on the prospects of L'Oreal SA being acquired by Nestle Corporation. Lack of interest from L'Oreal heiress Liliane Bettencourt; Entry of Unilever and Procter & Gamble into the personal care business.
- Laboratories InnÃ©ov set to roll out first product line. // Marketing Week;3/20/2003, Vol. 26 Issue 12, p9
Reports on the creation of Laboratories InnÃ©ov cosmetics by L'OrÃ©al SA and Nestlé Corp. in Great Britain. Features of the product; Stringent guidelines governing health claims on food; Availability of the product.
- NestlÃ© verlÃ¤ngert Vorkaufsrecht nicht. // Lebensmittel Zeitung;8/30/2013, Issue 35, p12
The article announces that the food producer NestlÃ© decided to cancel the advance sales for the NestlÃ© owned parts of the company L'OrÃ©al.
- L'Oreal head denies Nestle selling stake. Raper, Sarah // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;4/24/1997, Vol. 173 Issue 77, p11
Reports on L'Oreal chairman Lindsay Owen-Jones' denial of a rumor that Nestle plans to sell its stake in the firm. Nestle's majority-ownership of L'Oreal; Retirement of Nestle chairman Helmut Maucher; L'Oreal's $654 million in net profits before capital gains and losses on consolidated sales;...
- Editor's viewpoint: Nestle's L'Oreal decision is worth it. Best, Dean // Aroq - Just-Food.com (Global News);2/11/2014, p4
In this article the author expresses his views on food company Nestle SA's decision to reduce its stake in cosmetic firm L'Oreal SA through share buybacks, and states that this would enable Nestle to gain full control of a skin health venture.