Honda unveils first direct induction BF250 outboard motor
- The Star System. Banse, Tim // MotorBoating;Feb2001, Vol. 187 Issue 2, p32
Focuses on the star system for classifying outboard motors by the California Air Resources Board.
- Four-Stroke Wars. Banse, Tim // MotorBoating;Feb2001, Vol. 187 Issue 2, p34
Speculates about the four-stroke outboard engine being developed by Mercury Marine.
- Four-Strokes: The Second Wave. Banse, Tim; Daly, Jim // MotorBoating;Dec2000, Vol. 186 Issue 6, p22
Presents updates on the companies involved in the development of four-stroke outboard motors for motorboats.
- In the Eyes of the Beholder. // Boating;Oct2006, Vol. 79 Issue 10, p58
The article features several models of outboard motors including the Kemp Airdrive, Evinrude Model AA, and Yuba Steam Outboard.
- First Look: Evinrude E-Tec. Banse, Tim // MotorBoating;May2003, Vol. 191 Issue 5, p40
Evaluates the Evinrude E-Tec outboard motor line.
- Raw POWER. Banse, Tim // MotorBoating;Apr2003, Vol. 191 Issue 4, p66
Examines the pros and cons of multiple outboard installations in boats. Amount of speed gain with a multiple-motor installation; Advantage associated with a triple-motor installation; Description on boats equipped with triples.
- Secret Formula. Watt, Robert // Boating;Aug2006, Vol. 79 Issue 8, p48
The article answer a query about switching the 17 Formula's OMC V-6 engine and outdrive with a 350 Chevrolet and a MerCruiser outdrive.
- Mid-Season Outboard Maintenance. Clemans, John // MotorBoating;Jul2002, Vol. 190 Issue 1, pB1
Presents tips on the maintenance of outboard motors.
- Rally Round the Outboard. Husick, Chuck // Yachting;Mar2007, Vol. 201 Issue 3, p118
This article reviews several 2007 outboard motor models, including those by Honda, the Suzuki DF 300 and Yamaha's V6 HPDI. INSET: REMEMBER WHEN?.