- MIPEC. Brown, Mike // Ausmarine;Sep2012, Vol. 34 Issue 11, p18
The article offers information regarding Central Queensland-based marine and industrial services supplier MIPEC. It mentions that the company offers non-stop delivery services of marine vessels, stainless steel and aluminium vessels. It discusses the company's capacity and delivery services...
- MDT Maritime. // Ausmarine;Jul2013, Vol. 35 Issue 9, p37
The article features the firm MDT Maritime, which operates in the construction, mining and gas industries, particularly in Australia. It claims that the firm offers 20,000 square meters (sq. m.) of river hardstand, pre-consolidation and pre-fabrication area and vessel berthing. Among the...
- World records set off Sakhalin. // Offshore;Aug2006, Vol. 66 Issue 8, p113
The article reports on the accomplishment of several world record and firsts to mate the Lunskoye-A topsides to its concrete gravity base offshore Sakhalin Island, eastern Russia, in the Sea of Okhotsk. when the topsides, at 23,980 tons were installed using the "float-over" method, one record...
- News. // Military Technology;2013, Vol. 37 Issue 10, p82
The article offers world news briefs as of September 1, 2013. Netherlands government has decided to replace the fighter aircrafts F-16 with F-35 by the mid 2020s. Brazil and Turkey will strengthen their bilateral cooperation through formation of working groups in the naval, aeronautics and cyber...
- Docking downwind. Straus, Donald B. // Yachting;Aug94, Vol. 176 Issue 2, p24
Explains how the author docks his Shannon 38 sailboat downwind for a smooth approach. Problems with approaching a dock upwind; Steps in the downwind docking.
- Marion, Mass., to study moorings. Scott-Sleeman, Gail // Yachting;Mar98, Vol. 183 Issue 3, p24
Reports on the issues related to the pulling of a helical mooring at the Marion Harbor in Massachusetts, being considered by Marion officials. Damages caused by the mooring after pulled loose; Problems on mooring stresses being addressed by the officials.
- PASSAGE NOTES. // Cruising World;May2013, Vol. 39 Issue 5, p17
Several letters to the editor are presented including the promotion of the New Mooring Field in Sarasota, Florida which can accommodate boats of up to 65 feet, a query on the Brewer 12.8 cutter boat and inquiry on the route for a Caribbean circle using My Beneteau 352 boat.
- St. Charles repaired welds where barge is tied. Korando, Russell // St. Charles Journal;7/10/2011, Vol. 46 Issue 55, pA2
The article reports that a barge mooring on the St. Charles, Missouri riverfront is set to be repaired after several welds got unattached.
- Mooring Fee Increases Begin in Newport Harbor. Hill, Taylor // Log Newspaper;1/21/2011, Issue 886, p5
The article reports on the increase of the boat mooring fee in Newport Harbor in Rhode Island.