Cavotec's Moormaster boosts Port Heldand award win
- Vacuum system moors vessels securely. // Professional Engineering;11/4/2009, Vol. 22 Issue 19, p45
The article reports on the move of Cavotec MSL Holdings Ltd. to apply MoorMaster system which will be eventually designed for Nordic Ferry Services. It notes that this automated vacuum-based mooring system utilizes vacuum pads in providing the mooring attachment. Jakob Tolsgaard, product manager...
- More For Moormaster. // DPC: Dredging & Port Construction;May2009, p9
The article reports on the second product order received by Cavotec MSL Holdings Ltd. from the Saint Lawrence Seaway Management Corp. (SLSMC) for its Moormaster mooring system. It notes that the mooring system has been modified to deal with the tidal variations of up to 14 meters which is...
- Orders & Contracts. // DPC: Dredging & Port Construction;Sep2009, p12
The article offers news briefs concerning ports worldwide in 2009. Konecranes Heavy Lifting has received a contract worth 16.5 million U.S. dollars from the Port of Houston Authority. Three DCD250-12LB models and four Kalmar DCE180-9 trucks have been delivered by Kalmar to the Thessaloniki Port...
- On the waterfront. McEwen, David // Metro (NZ);Aug2007, Issue 313, p100
The article profiles the company Cavotec MSL Holdings, which facilitates a vacuum mooring system for vessels, enabling ships to berth without ropes or manpower. The company, originally Mooring Systems (MSL), entered the New Zealand share-market in November 2000 at 50 cent a share. As a result of...
- Cleats: As strong as the weakest link. Caprio, Dennis // Yachting;Jul94, Vol. 176 Issue 1, p67
Discusses results of cleat testing by BOAT/U.S. Foundation and the University of Virginia School of Engineering. Procedures; Results; Conclusions; Suggestions.
- Mooring systems moving towards studless and variable geometry chains. Canada, Luis; Lopez, Eduardo // Offshore;Aug95, Vol. 55 Issue 8, p128
Features the studless chain for mooring developed by Vicinay Cadenas. Vicinay's research and development work on mooring systems; Key factors in the design of the studless chain; Use of the chain in the Petrojarl I vessel; Vicinay's research on full-scale fatigue tests.
- What's a 'Deluxe' Pickup Stick? // Practical Sailor;Apr2010, Vol. 36 Issue 4, p18
The article evaluates the mooring buoy from Island Mooring Supplies.
- Heavy duty mooring demands driven by drilling, production. // Offshore;Mar98, Vol. 58 Issue 3, p168
Describes the mooring chains developed by Scana Ramnas. Factors driving the demand for heavy duty chain; Design of the asymmetric stud links which has been proven to reduce offshore operation costs.
- Sticking point. Graham-Rowe, Duncan // New Scientist;11/13/99, Vol. 164 Issue 2212, p23
Reports on the successful testing of suction pads that dramatically reduce the time it takes for ships to dock on the ferry that runs between New Zealand's two islands. Development of the technology by John Hadcroft and Peter Montgomery; Suction pads' automatic attachment to the side of the...