Container vessel runs aground off New Zealand
- PIANOS LOST AT SEA. // Music Trades;Mar2014, Vol. 162 Issue 2, p24
The article reports that the MOL Comfort loaded container ship, which contained 7,150 containers including one filled with Essex Pianos, broke into two pieces while underway from Singapore to Jeddah, Saudi Arabia on June 17, 2013.
- Two Ships Collide in Marmara Sea. // Journal of Turkish Weekly;08/15/2011, p29
The article reports "Parmis," a Barbados-flagged container ship, crashed into "Apache," a Maltese-flagged cargo ship, in the Marmara Sea and a Turkish rescue ship was sent there.
- Rena Compensation Uncertain. // Journal of Commerce (1542-3867);10/24/2011, Vol. 12 Issue 39, p8
The article reports on the implication for the shipping industry of the complicated operation to salvage the crippled container ship Rena from a reef off New Zealand in 2011.
- Deck Officers Plead Guilty in Rena Wreck. // Journal of Commerce (1542-3867);3/12/2012, Vol. 13 Issue 10, p8
The article reports that captain and navigating officer of Rena, a container ship, are accepting that they are responsible for the wrecked ship.
- By the Numbers. // National Geographic Kids;Nov2015, Issue 455, p7
The article presents statistics about the number of Lego pieces that were dumped into the sea during a container ship mishap in 1997 including the total number of pieces that went overboard, and the number of pieces that were found such as yellow life preservers, diver flippers, and dragons.
- Tanker and container ship collide off Netherlands coast. // Loss Prevention Bulletin;Dec2010, Issue 216, p2
The article reports on the collision between a Greek tanker transporting kerosene and a Cypriot container ship in the coast of the Netherlands on October 12, 2010.
- DODGING A BULLET. Wishart, Melissa; Harwood, Sacha // Investigate;Dec2011, Vol. 10 Issue 129, p12
The article reports on the impact of the grounding of container ship Rena on Astrolabe reef off the coast of Tauranga, New Zealand to people along the beachfront. It states that several tonnes of oils have leaked from the vessel and spread on the nearby shores. According to local man Steve...
- Kuwaitiship, Egyptian boat collision kills 18. // Arab American News;12/20/2014, Vol. 30 Issue 1506, p16
The article offers information on an investigation ordered by Egypt regarding an accident on December 15, 2014 in which a Kuwaiti container ship and a fishing vessel collided in the Red Sea in an incident that killed 18 Egyptians.
- Approaching Duck Armada puts auntie in a dither. Andreae, Christopher // Christian Science Monitor;2/15/95, Vol. 87 Issue 56, p16
Comments on the toy ducks, frogs turtles and beavers that were washed into the ocean from a container ship in the north Pacific in January 1992. Speculations about the impact this toy-consignment will have on the beaches of Great Britain. INSET: Words of note..