THE ROLE OF TRANSPARENCY AND PUBLIC PARTICIPATION IN INTERNATIONAL ENVIRONMENTAL AGREEMENTS: THE NORTH AMERICAN AGREEMENT ON ENVIRONMENTAL COOPERATION
- Does Sustainability Require Transparency? The UN Divide Over Freedom of Information & Media in the Post-2015 Development Agenda. Orme, Bill // Global Media Journal: German Edition;Autumn/Winter2014, Vol. 4 Issue 2, p1
In 2015 the United Nations General Assembly will adopt a new set of global development objectives to succeed the Millennium Development Goals, which expire at the end of the year. A General Assembly working group has proposed 17 "Sustainable Development Goals" with 169 associated "targets,"...
- Letter to Congressional Leaders Transmitting a Report on International Agreements. Bush, George W. // Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents;3/10/2003, Vol. 39 Issue 10, p289
Presents a letter from U.S. President George W. Bush to Congressional leaders on March 3, 2003, transmitting a report on international agreements.
- US rattles a tin cup at allies to pay for oil due N. Korea. Barr, Cameron W. // Christian Science Monitor;2/8/96, Vol. 88 Issue 51, p6
Reports on the difficulties faced by the members of an international consortium to provide North Korea with promised shipments of oil as a result of a lack of money. What Washington agreed to during in a 1994 agreement between the united States and North Korea; Central role played by South...
- The Real Road to Peace. Whitbeck, John V. // Washington Report on Middle East Affairs;Jan/Feb2004, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p14
The article presents information on the Geneva Accord. Geneva Accord was signed on December 1, at an impressive ceremony in which U.S. President Jimmy Carter and other Nobel Peace Prize laureates participated, deserves the active and whole-hearted support of everyone who genuinely cares about...
- Classifying international agreements under U.S. law: The Beijing platform as a case study. Knaupp, Benjamin D. // Brigham Young University Law Review;1998, Vol. 1998 Issue 1, p239
Discusses the evaluation and classification of international agreements, by courts and policymaker in international agreements sponsored by the United Nations, using the Beijing Platform for Action as a case study. Information on five categories of international agreements recognized under the...
- Treaty with Swiss Signals Increased Banking Transparency. Gaetano, Chris // Trusted Professional;7/15/2010, Vol. 13 Issue 13, p14
The article discusses the treaty of the U.S. and Switzerland that has been finalized to reach a deal over the identities of 4,450 anonymous Swiss bank account holders.
- Tax treaties and other international agreements. Larkins, Ernest R. // CPA Journal;May97, Vol. 67 Issue 5, p22
Discusses international agreements between countries and the establishment of legal rights and obligations of the signatory governments. Different types of agreements and their objectives; Creation of international agreements; Authority weight of international agreements; Resources for...
- U.S. Suspends CFE Treaty Implementation. Kimball, Daryl G. // Arms Control Today;Dec2011, Vol. 41 Issue 10, p6
The article reports that the U.S. Department of State announced that Washington would cease from fulfilling certain obligations under the Conventional Armed Forces in Europe (CFE) Treaty in matters relating to Russia including non-acceptance of Russian inspections of bases.
- Russia signs accords, including energy, with China. // Energy Today (Hungary);10/14/2014, p3
The article reports on accords signed by the Russian government with China during a visit made by Chinese Premier Li Keqiang to Moscow, Russia, which includes an intergovernmental agreement that supports a contract by oil firm OAO Gasprom to supply natural gas.