Watchdogs: Massachusetts Budget Plans Wrong on Revenue
- A-E selection on public jobs faulted in Massachusetts. Angelo, William J. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;11/27/95, Vol. 235 Issue 22, p12
Reports on a study by the Massachusetts Taxpayers Foundation pertaining to the design selection process for public projects in Massachusetts. Recommendations of the study; Comment from Michael J. Widmer, the foundation's president; Funding of the study; Reactions of state oversight officials.
- Massachusetts opts for income tax cuts. Kaplan, David // Bond Buyer;03/17/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30352, p3
Details the proposal of the Massachusetts Taxpayers Foundation Inc. to state officials that would cut the income tax from 5.95 to 5.75 percent. Terms of the proposal; Support of Governor A. Paul Cellucci to income tax cuts.
- Prop 21/2 No Threat To Public Schools, Tax Group Asserts. // Education Week;10/19/1981, Vol. 1 Issue 7, p2
The article reports on the conclusion of the Massachusetts Taxpayers Foundation Inc. that public schools reduce in its first year of the state law that lowers property taxes.
- 'New Territory': Health Care Industry Cautiously Embraces Reform Bill. Stevenson, Jaclyn C. // BusinessWest;5/1/2006, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p24
The article reports on the health care reform legislation in Massachusetts. Michael Widmer, president of the Massachusetts Taxpayers Foundation Inc., said that the legislation is an effort to level the playing field in terms of health care costs, accessibility, and coverage. Among other...
- State/Church Bulletin. // Freethought Today;Mar2013, Vol. 30 Issue 2, p17
The article offers information related to religion in the U.S. It says that Massachusetts Taxpayers Foundation has issued an analysis of the tax proposal of Governor Deval Patrick in 2014 called Religion Clause. It mentions that the National Center for Law and Policy has filed a suit against...
- Massachusetts Lawmakers Weigh Tech Tax Repeal. Burton, Paul // Bond Buyer;9/27/2013, Vol. 385 Issue F338, p1
The article reports on repealing of the sales tax on software and computer services by the Massachusetts Senate which was approved by the Massachusetts House of Representatives. Topics discussed include statement by Senate President Therese Murray related to gap faced by lawmakers, support to...
- It's time to fish or cut bait following November elections. Brandon, Hembree // Southeast Farm Press;12/1/2010, Vol. 37 Issue 27, p4
The article presents the author's views on the importance of reducing the spending of the U.S. government.
- Tight California Budget Leaves High-Speed Rail Project by Cash-Poor Wayside. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;6/28/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31170, p36
Reports on the approval of legislative committee to only a part in funds for the Sacramento-based California High-Speed Rail Authority handling the proposed multi-billion dollar rail project. Plan of the authority to consider sale of bonds for financing the project; Possibility of a reduction...
- Patriotic Pork. Walker, Lewis J. // On Wall Street;Aug2002, Vol. 12 Issue 8, p78
Discusses increase in the government spending of the United States. Information related to government spending towards weapons, foreign aid and domestic surveillance; Comments from several economists on the government spending of the country; Impact of World War II and 1991 Gulf War on the...