- Airport's insurers cancel cover. Kirk, Don Lewis // Business Insurance;6/10/96, Vol. 30 Issue 24, p17
Reports that property insurers are canceling the Dusseldorf airport's coverage in Dusseldorf, Germany. Allegations of negligence as the cause of a fire that killed 17 people; Insured property losses; Comments from insurance and airport executives.
- American Dreamers. // Indianapolis Business Journal;09/04/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 25, p17
Presents an introduction to the profiles of successful immigrants in the United States. Pursuit of opportunities; Opportunities for philanthropy and civic duty.
- CHAPTER 20: IMMIGRANT CONSUMERS. // Consumer Behavior;2007, p145
Chapter 19 of the book "Consumer Behavior" is presented. It profiles immigrant consumers in the U.S. in terms of population and distribution. The top countries of birth for the foreign-born population of U.S. residents are cited. The market opportunities for airlines and business-travel and...
- Travelers sets prop. cover for aviation. // National Underwriter / Property & Casualty Risk & Benefits Manag;01/04/99, Vol. 103 Issue 1, p18
Features the enhanced property insurance policy for the aviation industry offered by Travelers Property Casualty in Hartford, Connecticut.
- CRAIN'S AMERICAN DREAMERS: IMMIGRATION SUCCESS STORIES. // Crain's Detroit Business;2/17/2014, Vol. 30 Issue 7, p0014
The article reports that Crain's Detroit Business is looking for nominations for first-generation immigrants who had business success for an American Dreamers feature to be published in the its June 2, 2014 issue.
- Fires to water main breaks, policy gone, not coverage. Orin, Rhonda D. // San Diego Business Journal;12/4/95, Vol. 16 Issue 49, p24
Discusses property insurance issues for companies facing emergencies. Coverage by standard property insurance policies; Need for companies to give notice immediately to all insurance companies that might have insured them; Types of policies providing coverage for losses suffered by businesses...
- The unbroken chain doctrine. Mangan, Joseph F. // Insurance Advocate;04/25/98, Vol. 109 Issue 17, p12
Discusses the doctrine of proximate cause and its relation to property claims. How the insured business could claim property insurance from insurance company; Legal issues about claiming property losses.
- Fixtures: Personal or Real Property? Richardson, Diane // National Underwriter / Property & Casualty Risk & Benefits Manag;7/14/2003, Vol. 107 Issue 28, p26
Discusses common problems related to personal or real property coverage in commercial or building insurance. Disputes over whether damaged property is a fixture or personal property; Court decisions on the fixture and personal property issue.
- Storm losses climb in South and Midwest. Knowles, Robert G.; Cox, Brian // National Underwriter / Property & Casualty Risk & Benefits Manag;6/5/95, Vol. 99 Issue 23, p1
Reports on the increase in insured property damage estimates after a severe weather condition in the South and Midwest United States during April and May 1995. Reported insured property losses from April 29 to May 19; Damages to commercial jetliners; Cost of replacing jet airlines' skins...