California Municipalities Fear Fiscal Results of Overdue Budget
- Senate Passes Stopgap Funding, Benefiting Highways, D.C. Sanchez, Humberto // Bond Buyer;1/10/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31550, p4
Reports that the U.S. Senate approved a legislation as of January 9, 2003 that would continue funding the federal government at fiscal 2002 levels through the end of the month, raise highway spending and allow Washington D.C. to fund local programs at proposed fiscal 2003 levels. Details of the...
- Omnibus Bill Nearly Finalized, But Disputes Remain. Sanchez, Humberto // Bond Buyer;2/12/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31572, p4
Reports that House and Senate negotiators in the U.S. are close to finalizing a fiscal 2003 omnibus appropriations bill as of February 2003. Details of the bill; Senators' approval of the inclusion of several billion dollars for highway construction.
- Minnesota Lawmakers Struggle to Avoid July 1 Shutdown. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;6/28/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31170, p36
Focuses on efforts of Minnesota lawmakers to approve the eight appropriation bills that authorize budget spending and a tax bill. Opposition faced by the tax bill; Details about the appropriation bills approved by the legislature; Plan of the state regarding a bond sale.
- Debt Limit Hike May Be Made Easier. Kinnander, Ola; Sanchez, Humberto // Bond Buyer;5/23/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31392, p4
Reports the approval of a bill that allow language to increase in debt ceiling in the U.S. Increase of the debt limits of nations using the final bill; Details on the drafting of debt limit bill version; Provision to restore debt limits from highway funding.
- Little Room for Error Allowed in N.J. Democrats' New Budget. Braun, Martin Z. // Bond Buyer;6/28/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31418, p40
Reports the offering of revised fiscal 2003 budget by Democrats in the New Jersey Legislature. Amount of the budget; Scant surplus of the budget; Deficit on the budget deficit of the state.
- Learning to use a new tax tool. Strenge, Rob // Journal of Business (10756124);2/7/2002, Vol. 17 Issue 4, pA1
Reports the creation of first tax-increment financing district in Spokane, Washington. Use of property-tax increases to pay off bonds by the law; Purpose of the legislation; Assessment on the process of the legislation.
- Omnibus Spending Packages Makes Progress. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;11/25/2003, Vol. 246 Issue 31769, p4
Reports on the deliberation of the omnibus spending package for fiscal 2004 in the U.S. Coverage of the appropriations bill; Provisions of the omnibus appropriations legislation; Proposal of the Internet access tax moratorium.
- Renewing old legislative battles, Congress reorganizes priorities. Frederick, James // Drug Store News;1/20/2003, Vol. 25 Issue 1, p41
Focuses on the reorganization of priorities during the 108th Congress in the U.S. Consideration of the appropriations bill and tax cuts; Reform of the Medicare drug coverage; Discussion on national security and public finance.
- Some GOP contract items face uncertain fate. Jolzinger, Albert G. // Nation's Business;Mar95, Vol. 83 Issue 3, p8
Reports on the difficulties faced by Republican-led Congress on the passage of Contract With America, a bill which sets forth the government's appropriations and expenditures policy. Uncertainty in the passage and implementation of the legislation; Constitutional amendment contained in the bill;...