Municipals Relinquish Week's Gains; Select Yields Raised on New Issues
- It's Salomon, By a Nose. Smith, Aaron T. // Bond Buyer;7/1/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31419, p1
Reports the first place secured by Salomon Smith Barney Inc. among senior managers for the first half of 2002. Total bond issues of the firm; Edge over the municipal securities group UBS Paine Webber Inc.; Business deals of the firm.
- Municipals End Higher With Treasuries; Salt River Power, Fla. DOT Bonds Priced. Monsarrat, Sean; Chesla, Nicholas // Bond Buyer;9/13/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31470, p2
Reports developments related to the bond market in the U.S. as of September 2002. Increase of municipal bond prices; Price increase in the issued bonds of the Salt River Project Agricultural Improvement and Power District; Purchase of construction bonds by Salomon Smith Barney Inc. from the...
- Salomon SB finishes atop quarterly league tables. // High Yield Report;07/05/99, Vol. 10 Issue 27, p1
Reports that Salomon Smith Barney Inc. led in the issuance of junk bonds in the United States during the second quarter of 1999. Market trends; High yield junk bond issued; Salomon's market share.
- BMA-Libor Ratio Spells Trouble for Municipal Swaps. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;12/26/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31540, p3
Reports that U.S.-based financial consultancy firm Salomon Smith Barney Inc. said that it does not expect the ratio of Bond Market Association (BMA)-to-Libor indexes to return to its historic norm in the near term as of December 2002. Reasons for the expectation; Impact of the expectation on...
- Salomon Offer May Highlight Strips' Value. // American Banker;8/7/2000, Vol. 165 Issue 150, p19
Reports on the launching of an offer to buy $94.4 billion worth of United States Treasury's coupon Strips (Separate Trading of Registered Interest and Principal Securities) by Salomon Smith Barney. When Salomon's tender offer began; Strips that the offer is targeting; Why the Strips market has...
- Power community will plug away at its effort to grandfather debt. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;01/03/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30799, p1
Reports on the performance of top senior managing underwriters in the municipal bond market in the United States in 1999. Includes Salomon Smith Barney Inc.; Goldman, Sachs & Co; Merrill Lynch & Co.; Bear, Stearns & Co.
- Record volume of underwritings keeps Salomon Smith Barney on top. Heaton, Kenneth // Bond Buyer;01/04/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30550, p30
Looks at the performance of municipal bond managers in the United States in 1998. Salomon Smith Barney Inc.'s maintenance of its number one position; Influence of the funds amassed by PaineWebber Inc. on its maintenance of second place rating; Other top bond managers; Bond sales by states;...
- ABN AMRO Can Handle N.Y. Deals Again. Whalen, Robert // Bond Buyer;3/7/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32333, p26
The article reports that ABN AMRO Financial Services Inc. has been cleared of violations on federal sanctions against Iran and Libya, prompting 80 million dollars in fines. Alan Hevesti, New York comptroller, has cleared the company to participate in state bond sales after a three-week review of...
- Time for overhaul. Folk, Douglas // Pensions & Investments;04/19/99, Vol. 27 Issue 8, p12
Argues that the United States bond market is in need of a major overhaul. Alleged failure of domestic bond market indexes to reflect the enormity of the universe of potential investments; Differences between the indexes from Lehman Brothers, Merrill Lynch and Salomon Smith Barney Inc. with...