NEWS IN BRIEF
- Yield Curve and Predicted GDP Growth, August 2014. Haubrich, Joseph G.; Millington, Sara // Economic Trends (07482922);Sep2014, p11
The article presents an analysis on the U.S. yield curve and gross domestic product (GDP) growth for August 2014. It notes the flat yield curve indicating a weak growth, like the spread between ten-year Treasury bonds and three-month Treasury bills. It presents a GDP forecast using the...
- Executive Summary. // East Caribbean Business Forecast Report;2010 3rd Quarter, p15
The article presents the executive summary of business forecasting including regional divergence, government financing and the gross domestic product (GDP) in 2010 in Caribbean Area.
- Executive Summary. // Chile Business Forecast Report;2011 1st Quarter, Issue 1, p7
The article presents the business forecast for Chile for the first quarter in 2011 including gross domestic product, and export and import trade.
- BUSINESS SITUATION. Moran, Larry R.; Larkins, Daniel; Morris, Ralph W.; Sieff, Deborah Y. // Survey of Current Business;Mar2000, Vol. 80 Issue 3, p1
Offers a look at the business situation in the United States during the fourth quarter of 1999. Price index for gross domestic product; Rate of real personal consumption expenditures; Types of private fixed investment; Inventory investment.
- Macroeconomic Data and Forecasts. // Asia Monitor: China & North East Asia Monitor;Aug2002, Vol. 9 Issue 8, p3
Presents a forecast based on the macroeconomic data of China by the research organization Business Monitor International. Increase in the gross domestic product growth; Reason behind the strong industrial output; Role played by consumers in strengthening growth.
- Crosland confirms second rates increases. // Accountancy;Jan1975, Vol. 86 Issue 977, p13
Focuses on the plan of the government on the business in Great Britain. Increase of domestic rates; Percentage rate of industries and commerce; Growth of costs on industries.
- Detrending methods and stylized facts of business cycles in Norway - an international comparison. Bj�rnland, Hilde Christiane // Empirical Economics;2000, Vol. 25 Issue 3, p369
Abstract. This paper analyses the stylized facts of business cycles in Norway, by comparing different detrending methods. As the choice of the appropriate data transformation depends on the nature of the underlying dynamic properties of the time series, a set of unit root tests are first applied...
- US logistics industry poised for rebound, according to benchmark report. // Bulk Transporter;Jul2010, Vol. 73 Issue 1, p11
The article cites a report released by the Council of Supply Chain Management Professionals (CSCMP) which shows a decline in business logistics costs by 7.7% of the U.S. gross domestic product (GDP) in 2009, compared with 9.3% in 2008.
- Business Europe forecasts 1.3% GDP growth in '14. // Hungary A.M.;11/14/2013, p5
The article focuses on business forecast report of the news service MTI which depicts the growth of the gross domestic product (GDP) in Hungary in 2014 of various financial firms including BusinessEurope, J.P. Morgan & Co. Inc. and the European Bank of Reconstruction and Development.