Passing on the Tradition
- Growers reminded of baited rice field regulations. Hardke, Jarrod // Delta Farm Press Exclusive Insight;11/ 8/2012, p2
The article reports that rice growers in Arkansas have been informed by the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service (USFW) in November 2012 that rice fields can be considered baited for waterfowl hunting.
- Good news for ducks. Kleiner, Kurt // New Scientist;08/30/97, Vol. 155 Issue 2097, p11
Reports on the US Fish and Wildlife Service's approval of tungsten-iron alloy shots as legal alternatives to toxic lead shots typically used by American duck hunters. Crippling effect of lead shots on waterbirds; Effect of lead shotgun pellets on lakes and rivers in the hunting area; European...
- 105 Million Ducks! Kramer, Gary // Outdoor Life;Nov99, Vol. 204 Issue 4, p70
Reports on the 1999 fall forecast announced by the United States Fish and Wildlife Service on the fall flight of a record number of ducks. Reasons for the record-setting forecast and production; Comparison to the 1997 fall flight forecast; Implications of the record number for hunters and duck...
- In New York: Long Island long on late-season ducks. Pyne, Lawrence // Field & Stream;Dec98, Vol. 103 Issue 8, p90
Offers tips on waterfowl hunting in Long Island, New York. Major wintering area for greater scaup, black ducks and Atlantic brant; Location of best waterfowl hunting; Proposed duck season.
- DUCK AND COVER. KING, RANDY // Boise Weekly;11/21/2012, Vol. 21 Issue 22, p32
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience of duck hunting.
- HUNTING: MIDDAY MALLARDS. PEARCE, MICHAEL // Outdoor Life;Nov2013, Vol. 220 Issue 10, p36
The article presents step-by-step instructions for duck hunting.
- SPORTMAN'S DIGEST. Sharp, Hal // New Yorker;10/21/1967, Vol. 43 Issue 35, p118
An excerpt is presented from an article by Hal Sharp in "Annapolis Evening Capital" about finishing a crippled duck.
- Sitting Duck. SPIES, BENNY // Outdoor Life;Apr2014, Vol. 221 Issue 4, p10
The article offers the author's reflections on how his obsession with duck shooting has enabled him to leave his outlaw life.
- OF DUCKS AND DOGS. Wilson, Brett // Sun Valley Magazine;Fall2014/2015, p70
The article discusses the author's experiences of hunting waterfowl along with the author's Labrador retriever-Irish setter breed dog name Emma at the Silver Creek Preserve in the high desert country of south-central Idaho.