- Bowhunter deer forecast 1996. Wallace, Tom // Bowhunter;Oct/Nov96, Vol. 26 Issue 1, p56
Presents information on deer hunting in North America for the year 1996. Includes Northeast; Mid-Atlantic; South; Midwest; Canada.
- The hawk and the squirrel. Vargo, John // Bowhunter;Oct/Nov96, Vol. 26 Issue 1, p92
Relates the author's experience while hunting for deer. Author's witnessing of an incident involving a hawk and a squirrel.
- Deer hunting is exciting! Cochran, Merv // Bowhunter;Feb/Mar97, Vol. 26 Issue 3, p33
Reports that a study made by Doctor Barry Franklin found deer hunting is not for those with weak hearts because the activity quickens heart rates.
- Wimpy big bucks. Ingram, Bruce // Bowhunter;Apr/May97, Vol. 26 Issue 4, p48
Summarizes the advice of bowhunters Jerry Peterson and Harold Knight on bowhunting shy big bucks. Description of several big buck bowhunting myths; Statement that aggressive rattling and grunting are not always the best way to entice the biggest bucks; Description of a soft buck grunt; Behavior...
- Brow boy. McGee, John `Maggie'; Wilson, John `Lefty' // Bowhunter;Apr/May97, Vol. 26 Issue 4, p70
Relates a story on how a hunter explained to his younger brother-in-law his shooting of a big non-typical whitetail buck that the brother-in-law was trying to get during three deer seasons. Hunting errors of the brother-in-law; Encouragement for the brother-in-law.
- Of big bucks--and bull! James, M.R. // Bowhunter;Aug/Sept97, Vol. 26 Issue 6, p10
Editorial. Focuses on the reports and media hype that occurs when a possible record size buck is killed. Reference to Sam Collara who tagged a 14-point whitetail of record contention; Description of what occurred within days of the killing and preliminary scoring; Description of what occurred...
- Head-start whitetails. Templeton, Randy // Bowhunter;Aug/Sept97, Vol. 26 Issue 6, p80
Focuses on the importance of pre-season scouting as a means of increasing the chances of bagging a whitetail deer during the season. What month the scouting should start; Description of what hunters should be looking for when scouting; Description of the hunting and killing of a ten-point deer.
- A dream come true. Pickell, Don // Bowhunter;Aug/Sept97, Vol. 26 Issue 6, p100
Describes the author's experience while hunting deer. His feelings after the deer was killed.
- 1997 deer forecast. Canfield, Dave // Bowhunter;Aug/Sep97 Special Issue, Vol. 26 Issue 7, p36
Presents information on the 1997 deer hunting season. Forecast for the season by wildlife managers; Detailed information on what to expect for the 1997 season.
- Six common mistakes deer hunters make. Lapinski, Mike // Bowhunter;Aug/Sep97 Special Issue, Vol. 26 Issue 7, p52
Lists six common mistakes made by deer hunters, and offers information on how to avoid them. Insight on deer scouting; Information on improper clothing for hunting; Other insights.