The Bronx, Naturally
- A Special Look at Nature Photography. WEXLER, MARK // National Wildlife (World Edition);Jun/Jul2011, Vol. 49 Issue 4, p4
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various reports within the issue on topics related to photography including animal behavior, creating images of native animal and plant species, and the challenges of wildlife photography.
- Photographer's checklist: Moody weather. // Wild: Australia's Wilderness Adventure Magazine;Sep/Oct2014, Issue 143, p9
The article offers tips on taking nature and wildlife photos during a moody weather including using smartphone applications such as Weatherzone for weather forecast, checking weather signs through natural factors within rainforests, and packing a photography gear with an umbrella and a towel.
- WE SEE YOU. // Mother Earth News;Oct/Nov2010, Issue 242, p14
Several photographs of nature and wildlife are presented, including one showing the sunrise on the Sneffels Mountain Range near Ridgeway, Colorado, another showing autumn leaves at Bond Falls in Paulding, Michigan and a photograph of a common blue morpho butterfly in Chesterfield, Missouri.
- How To Enter 1988 National Wildlife Photo Contest. // National Wildlife (World Edition);Dec87/Jan88, Vol. 26 Issue 1, p31
Invites participants for the 1988 photo contest by the 'National Wildlife.' Rules for the competition; Criteria; Categories pertaining to wildlife, nature and the environment; Need for permission to publish photographs in the periodical; Requirements and conditions for submitting entries;...
- Photo Contest WINNERS. // National Wildlife (World Edition);Dec87/Jan88, Vol. 26 Issue 1, p50
Presents the winners of the 'National Wildlife's seventeenth photo contest. Criteria; Aspects relating to wildlife and nature photography; Interpretation of the winning photographs; Profile on the photographers; Types of animals used as subjects for the photographs; Types of cameras and...
- YOUR SHOT. // National Geographic;Oct2006, Vol. 210 Issue 4, p10
Several photographs submitted by readers are presented. The photographs depict various natural scenes and wildlife from around the country including a heron in the Potomac River in Virginia, the dunes of New Mexico's White Sands National Monument, and a bubble perched on a blade of grass at a...
- The Smithsonian's Big Chill. Sischy, Ingrid // Vanity Fair;Dec2003, Issue 520, p242
Focuses on wildlife and nature photographer Subhankar Banerjee. Career background; Description of photographs of the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge (ANWR) taken by Banerjee; Withdrawal by the Washington D.C.-based Smithsonian National Museum of Natural History of its plan to host an exhibit of...
- 50 YEARS OF INCREDIBLE IMAGES. // National Wildlife (World Edition);Jun/Jul2012, Vol. 50 Issue 4, p22
The article introduces a special section of the issue in which several of the editors favorite wildlife and nature photographs are presented, including a young girl watching a sockeye salmon swim in a British Columbia's Adams River, an infant panda bear, and gray wolves.
- Shooting From a Mobile Blind. Spier, Dave // Conservationist;Mar/Apr87, Vol. 41 Issue 5, p44
Discusses some strategies for photographing wildlife with the mobile advantage of using a car. Animal's tolerance towards the presence of a car; Consideration for traffic safety, time and day, environment, and the amount of time devoted to photographing wildlife; Installation of an electronic...