Kenworth offers Cummins engine with rear engine power take-off
- Kenworth, Hino garner top ATD honors. // Bulk Transporter Exclusive Insight;2/13/2013, p7
This article presents information on the winners of the 2013 ATD Commercial Truck of the Year conducted by the American Truck Association in the U.S. The T680 76-inch Sleeper with PACCAR MX Engine from Kenworth was chosen for the heavy duty (Class 8) category. The 195h from Hino won in the...
- Kenworth Offers Next Generation of PACCAR Proprietary Engines for 2013. // Trailer/Body Builders Exclusive Insight;10/29/2012, p5
The article offers information on Kenworth's addition of the next-generation of PACCAR proprietary engines to its engine line-up for 2013, including PACCAR MX-13, PACCAR PX-9 and PACCAR PX-7.
- Group seeks global solutions. Kurylko, Diana T. // Automotive News;6/24/1996, Vol. 70 Issue 5665, p32
Focuses on major issues facing the FISITA international automobile industry engineering group. FISITA's efforts to establish a common emission standard in the industry; Theme of FISITA's conference in 1998.
- Market trends. // Aftermarket Business;Aug2003, Vol. 113 Issue 8, p98
Focuses on the trends in automobile engines in the U.S. Changes in engine designs; Elimination of conventional tri-metal formulations; Availability of thrust bearings.
- New challenges from Japan's autos. // U.S. News & World Report;8/12/91, Vol. 111 Issue 7, p9
Announces that Honda will introduce a 1992 Civic with an engine that increases fuel efficiency without diminishing pickup. Wrangling in Congress over increased average fuel mileage to 40 mpg by 2001; Japan's accord with the European Community, which limits Japanese imports into Europe.
- Bad news for Detroit. // Time;8/12/1991, Vol. 138 Issue 6, p49
Describes Honda's new VTEC-E engine, unveiled last week in Tokyo, which Honda officials claim will get up to 65 m.p.g. on the highway without sacrificing power. The new engine will be available in the Honda Civic Hatchback VX which will debut in the US later this year. Unwelcome news for the...
- Engine preheater. McCosh, Dan; Scott, David // Popular Science;Jan93, Vol. 242 Issue 1, p26
Reports that a new heat-exchanger system developed by Germany's Schatz Thermo Engineering speeds engine warmup by using heat from the engine exhaust to quickly heat the engine coolant. Design details.
- Power for tomorrow. Mayersohn, N.; Zino, K. // Popular Mechanics;Mar88, Vol. 165 Issue 3, p53
To see what the future holds for engine technology, powertrain engineers at the major auto companies were interviewed and existing production engines that incorporate materials or techniques that are on the leading edge of design were studied. The result is a rough idea of mainstream engine...
- Pushrod Parsons. // AutoWeek;5/16/94, Vol. 44 Issue 20, p71
Reports on the Greenfield GT209T pushrod IndyCar engine's running at the Indianapolis Speedway. Qualification attempt by Johnny Parsons.