TerraStar adds new features
- Manual & Automated Transmissions. // Fleet Owner;Oct98, Vol. 93 Issue 10, p202
Cites information on the specifications of various models and brands of manual and automatic automobile transmissions, which are available for the trucking industry. Identification of the models and their manufacturers; Duty which the transmissions can perform.
- One Tough Tranny 2. RIDDLE, TRENT // Diesel World;Nov2015, Vol. 10 Issue 11, p26
The article offers step by step instruction for installation of Transmissions from firm Remac Transmission into F-250 shop trucks to allow them to safely perform a multitude of tasks such as moving parts to towing trailers of all sizes.
- THE APPLIANCE OF SCIENCE. // Truck & Driver;Jun2003, p58
Stockholm firefighters do like their Scanias but the Swedes also depend on specialist kit from Germany, Austria, France and the United States. The big difference is that they generally favor big engines with, in comparison with most British fire appliances, heavy-duty chassis. For example, one...
- Trucks offers new in-cab enhancements. // Pit & Quarry;Oct2012, Vol. 105 Issue 4, p10
The article offers brief information on the upgraded in-cab enhancements for Mac Granite and Titan models from Mack Trucks.
- Low Batteries, No-Starts, Lost Driving Hours--All Avoidable with Easy-to-Install Smart Sense Device. // Fleet Equipment;Nov2004, Vol. 30 Issue 11, p28
Reports that International Marketing Inc. has developed Smart Sense, a first-of-its-kind regulating unit designed to improve the electrical charging system capabilities of medium and heavy-duty trucks in the U.S. Specification of Smart sense device; Design of Smart sense device; Application of...
- HOMEBREWED HAULER. SANDS, JASON // Diesel World;Jan2016, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p118
The article focuses on building of a truck 1989 C30 by Bennet Leffler, owner of Performance Authority shop, which includes base of Chevrolet truck, custom 18-gallon fuel tank and a R700 turbo kit.
- Getting Sourced. SALIBA, ERIC // Street Trucks;Aug2016, Vol. 18 Issue 8, p122
The article evaluates several websites for truck builders including McMaster.com to get parts from industrial parts, Onlinemetals.com provide builders short length metals and Waytekwire.com to get electrical supplies.
- What's new under the hood & on the road. Deierlein, Bob // World Wastes;Dec98, Vol. 41 Issue 12, p48
Features several truck tires, engines and transmissions. Includes Continental's HMS 45 tire; Cummins' ISL engine; TTC's AMT-7 transmission; Meritor's SureShift transmission.
- Eaton introduces medium-duty 6-speed automatic. // Commercial Carrier Journal;May2001, Vol. 158 Issue 5, p55
Features equipment and services for the trucking industry in the United States. Launch of the Eaton Fuller Automatic 6-Speed, an automatic transmission from Eaton Corp.; Release of Flex Air tandem air suspension from Peterbilt; Introduction of MMX, a platform trailer by East Manufacturing.