Eastern European truck trailer market recovery accelerates, forecast indicate
- West European heavy truck trailer market holds steady. // Trailer / Body Builders;Aug2008, Vol. 49 Issue 10, p13
The article reports on the heavy truck trailer market of west Europe. According to the author, the industry of heavy truck trailer saw high demand in 2007 and had shortage of axles and other key components. Sales in 2009 is forecasted to be lower, however, there is a forecast of 0.2% at 172,000...
- What's the pulse in parts? // Trailer / Body Builders;Oct2007, Vol. 48 Issue 12, p32
The article reports on a survey by the Trailer/Body Builders on the trailer parts business. E-mails were sent to trailer dealers, truck equipment distributors, dealers, repair shops and parts specialists, inquiring about part sales, inventory levels, and gross margins for 2006. The respondents...
- Trailer outlook: slow road ahead. // Trailer / Body Builders;Nov2007, Vol. 49 Issue 1, p70
The article discusses highlights of a segment of the 2007 National Trailer Dealers Association (NTDA) conference in Tucson, Arizona, which provided an outlook for the trailer industry sales. Ken Vieth, founder of ACT Research Co., claimed that the outlook for trailer demand will be stunted short...
- TECHNICAL NEWS. Shiers, Will // Motor Transport;6/23/2005, p10
Presents news briefs on the motor vehicle industry in Great Britain as of June 2005. Plan of Isuzu Truck to develop a 12-tonner truck by 2007; Projected decline in sales of trailers in 2006.
- End of the boom? Banner, Steve // Commercial Motor;7/14/2005, Vol. 201 Issue 5136, p62
Presents an outlook for truck sales in Great Britain in 2005. Factors that influence customers to buy truck trailers; Types of motor vehicles preferred by customers; Risk posed by the export demand for tractor units.
- NTDA looks ahead. // Trailer / Body Builders;Nov2007, Vol. 49 Issue 1, p66
The article discusses the highlights of the 18th annual convention of the National Trailer Dealers Association (NTDA) in Tucson, Arizona from October 2-4, 2007. A forecast for trailer sales was provided by ACT Research founder Ken Vieth, while a panel of three leading manufacturers gave their...
- Industry Newsdesk. // Trailer / Body Builders;Jul2009, Vol. 50 Issue 9, p5
This section offers news briefs in the commercial vehicle industry. ACT Research Company (ACT) has published its forecast on commercial vehicle sales and production for the year 2009 and 2010 in the "North American Commercial Vehicle Outlook." The sales of medium and heavy trucks decreased by...
- Trailers & bodies. // Fleet Equipment;Feb98, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p88
Presents a selection of trailers and bodies for trucks. Rogers Brothers' Ultima Trailers; Fontainer Trailer Co.'s composite telescopic platform trailer, model LTP-4; Jerr-Dan Corp.'s HDL 1100/530 composite body wrecker.
- A life without trucks. Shiers, Will // Commercial Motor;3/29/2012, Vol. 217 Issue 5477, p3
An introduction to the journal is presented in which the editor discusses the importance of truck trailers in the haulage industry in Great Britain.