AM General to assemble the Bright IDEA
- Earth mover. Swan, T. // Popular Mechanics;Jun92, Vol. 169 Issue 6, p27
Looks at the HMMWV (High Mobility Multi-purpose Wheeled Vehicle) from AM General in South Bend, Indiana, also known as the Hummer. Design details; Exceptional capabilities and performance in the Persian Gulf War; Features; Specifications; Evaluation.
- AM General hosts editors' meeting. // Pipeline & Utilities Construction;Jul96, Vol. 51 Issue 7, p50
Reports that Hummer vehicle manufacturer AM General hosted an editors' meeting at the company's headquarters in South Bend, Indiana. Featured activities.
- Newsbriefs. // Engineering & Mining Journal (00958948);Apr97, Vol. 198 Issue 4, p46
Reports on AM General's commercial sales of its Hummer military vehicle. Low military sales outside North America.
- The Plight ofthe Hummer. Robinson, Edward A. // Fortune;4/28/1997, Vol. 135 Issue 8, p58
Reports on the lack of success in selling the Hummer all terrain vehicle, made by AM General. The poor sales; The other problems facing AM General.
- Take Some Short Cuts. // Indiana Business Magazine;Aug2002, Vol. 46 Issue 8, p5
Features Indiana-made Hummer H2 from AM General Corp. Features of the vehicle; Marketing of the vehicle; Professionals interested in the vehicle.
- Civilized beast. // AutoWeek;1/17/94, Vol. 44 Issue 3, p15
Reports on AM General's improvement of its Hummer automobile's climate control system. Installation of more comfortable seats in the car; Horsepower of the car.
- 2002 Hummer H1 Wagon. Kren, Lawrence; Koucky, Sherri // Machine Design;4/4/2002, Vol. 74 Issue 7, p128
Evaluates the 2002 Hummer H1 Wagon automobile from AM General Corp. Features; Pros and cons; Cost.
- Hummers con mucho gusto. Oldham, Scott // Popular Mechanics;Sep95, Vol. 172 Issue 9, p53
Describes the author's trip to Mexico on board the AM General Hummer all terrain vehicle. Mechanical difficulties during trip that took the trail of the Baja 100 off-road race; Engine options; Transmission features; Uniqueness of central tire-infl ation system.
- Virtual testing helps eliminate rollovers. // Machine Design;10/22/98, Vol. 70 Issue 19, p71
Focuses on the T-shaped device that AM General Corp. designed for M939/A1/A2 Series of military trucks. How AM General tested the device; Description of the device's frame; Change made in the frame.