Dunbar selects Freightliner for hybrid truck
- Cooling it. Cullen, David // Fleet Owner;May2004, Vol. 99 Issue 5, p92
Presents a case study in truck fleet maintenance involving the cooling system of Dunbar armored cars. Imbalance in the mix of antifreeze and additives; Solution that included the installation of an Envirocool cleaning filter in place of the water filter on all the trucks.
- Pulling power. Moore, Keith // Professional Engineering;2/14/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p63
Reports the use of steam transaction engines as a means of road transport and fire-fighting device in the nineteenth century in Great Britain. Attempt of several companies to make machines capable of direct ploughing; Restriction on driving traction engines; Use of an Aveling machine to smooth...
- Researchers testing car convoys without drivers. // South Asian Post;2/10/2011, p27
The article reports on the possibility of running a convoy of cars without a driver, which is being studied by the Safe Road Trains for Environment (SARTRE) researchers.
- Delphi puts more pressure on Bosch. // Motor Transport;11/2/2006, p10
The article provides information on a Delphi F1 hybrid fuel system for heavy truck engines introduced by Delphi. Demand for higher diesel injection pressures is being addressed by Delphi with the fuel system which combines common-rail and unit-injector technology. The new Delphi F1 system, aimed...
- More about the trailer hitch. Khol, Ronald // Machine Design;6/19/2003, Vol. 75 Issue 12, p14
Comments on the installation of a trailer hitch in vehicles as a defense against being rear-ended. Benefits from the installation of a trailer hitch; Criticism against vehicle regulations in the U.S.
- SAE FOUNDS EXCELLENCE IN TRANSPORTATION AWARD. // Professional Safety;Apr2001, Vol. 46 Issue 4, p20
Focuses on the Environmental Excellence in Transportation Award established by the Society of Automotive Engineers to recognize individuals whose significant innovations have reduced the environmental impact in the transportation industries. Categories within the award; Basis of the eligibility...
- Torque boost. Zeyher, Allen // Roads & Bridges;Jun2003, Vol. 41 Issue 6, p69
The 1SX 385 ST with SmartTorque engine, developed by Cummins Inc., offers a torque-management rating that delivers an additional 100 lb-ft of torque in the top two gears of the transmission automatically. The engine generates 1,450/1,550 lb-ft of peak torque and 385 hp for heavy-duty on-highway...
- Porsche's fourth dimension. // Wheels;Jul2004, p14
Discusses design studies for the development of Porsche automobile models to be released in Australia in 2008. Information on the E2B project; Description of other E2B proposals.
- Sedona grows. // Automotive News;2/7/2005, Vol. 79 Issue 6133, p3
The article reports on the development 2006 Kia Sedona minivan. This will be unveiled Thursday, February 10, at the Chicago Auto Show. The new Sedona is bigger than the 2005 model â€” 8 inches in overall length and 6 inches in wheelbase. It will offer power-adjustable pedals, power-operated...