2011 Barbara Nachtrieb Armstrong Award for Outstanding Advocacy on Behalf of Social Justice for Women
- Justice awardees. Boyd, Herb // New York Amsterdam News;11/23/96, Vol. 87 Issue 47, p1
Presents information on the William Kunstler Racial Justice Awards, 1996. Paying of tribute to the late attorney, William Kunstler; Background information on Kunstler; Names of some persons attending the function.
- Nominations open for 2013 M.L. King Medallion. // Charlotte Post;10/17/2013, Vol. 39 Issue 6, p1B
The article informs that the Charlotte-Mecklenburg Community Relations, North Carolina is inviting nominees for the 2013 annually held Martin Luther King (MLK) Medallion Award to honor ideals of social justice and racial equality.
- Detective receives social justice award. Dansereau, Inna // Alberta Sweetgrass;Nov2001, Vol. 8 Issue 12, p8
Reports the Social Justice Award of the Institute for the Advancement of Aboriginal Women received by Police Officer Freeman Taylor in Edmonton, Alberta. Purpose of the award; Efforts of Taylor in solving the Joyce Cardinal murder case; Status of aboriginal women in Canada.
- South African Scholar Is the First International Winner of the Spendlove Prize Filed in Honors & Awards on September 3, 2013. // Journal of Blacks in Higher Education (BruCon Publishing Co.);9/5/2013, p14
The article reports that Jonathan D. Jansen, vice chancellor and rector of the University of the Free State in South Africa, has received the 2013 Alice and Clifford Spendlove Prize in Social Justice, Diplomacy and Tolerance Award.
- Nontombi Naomi Tutu Wins Social Justice Award Filed in Honors & Awards on October 4, 2013. // Journal of Blacks in Higher Education (BruCon Publishing Co.);10/10/2013, p5
The article announces that Nontombi Naomi Tutu has recently received the Otis Social Justice Award from Wheaton College in Norton, Massachusetts.
- Your Golden Ticket. // Instructor;BacktoSchool2014, Vol. 124 Issue 1, p8
The article announces that Betsy Lobmeyer, library media specialist at Plymell Elementary school in Kansas, received the Roald Dahl's Miss Honey Social Justice Award for his project ""Charlie's Ever Warming Blankets" to teach sutdents about blanket making in the U.S. as of August 2014.
- Bad Timing. // India Today;5/2/2011, p52
The article reports on the speculation that the scheduled event wherein Indian Union Minister for Agriculture Sharad Pawar will receive the Social Justice Award from the Ramshastri Prabhune Trust of Satara has been postponed because of Pawar's involvement in a scandal.
- Back to Basics delivers annual community awards. // Buffalo Law Journal;10/21/2010, Vol. 82 Issue 84, p15A
Photographs of several recipients of the Back to Basics Ministries' annual awards held at the Hyatt Regency Buffalo in Buffalo, New York including Judge Betty Calvo-Torres, Judge Robert Russell, and Judge Patrick Carney are presented.
- 2013Summer Convention Awards. // Utah Bar Journal;Mar/Apr2013, Vol. 26 Issue 2, p43
The article offers information on nominations for 2013 Summer Convention Awards under three categories including Judge of the Year, Distinguished Lawyer of the Year and Distinguished Section/Committee of the Year.