- Pearson, McGraw-Hill Ed., Blackboard Invest in China. // Educational Marketer;11/21/2011, Vol. 42 Issue 23, p1
The article offers news briefs related to the publishing industry in China. Global Education and Technology Group has been acquired by global publisher Pearson PLC. McGraw-Hill Education formed a joint venture with private educational services provider New Oriental Education and Technology Group...
- ZapMe! reports first finances following October IPO. // Electronic Education Report;02/16/2000, Vol. 7 Issue 3, p7
Informs on the financial results for ZapMe! Corp., a provider of technology and online educational content to schools, in the fourth quarter of 1999.
- Falling export orders will lead to fall in UK profitability. // Credit Management;Jan1998, p9
Reports that the profitability of British companies has increased in the last six years to 1998 according to an Experian Corporate Health Check. Average return of capital; Factors influencing the increase in manufacturing output, increased domestic demand and productivity improvements.
- Billboard's bombshell. Pittendrigh, Peter // Finance Week;08/20/99, p80
Reports on South Africa-based Billboard's warnings on lower-than-expected profits for the interim period to the end of August 1999. Impact of costs associated with the firm's advertising subsidiary The Agency; Effects of the economic slump on the firm's profits.
- Managers should think firm value, not profits. Petty, J. William // Baylor Business Review;Fall1993, Vol. 11 Issue 2, p19
Examines the significance of company earnings. Value of company based on earnings; Concern on short term instead of long term; Underinvestment in assets in the United States.
- The revival of corporate profitability in the United States. Rippe, Richard D. // Business Economics;Jan1996, Vol. 31 Issue 1, p35
Discusses the major shift in corporate profitability in the United States. Factors that contributed in the surge in profitability; Implications of the improved profitability on financial markets and capital formation; Stimulation of capital spending.
- Earnings slide turns negative. Oloroso, Arsenio // Crain's Chicago Business;5/13/96, Vol. 19 Issue 20, p4
Reports on a decline in corporate earnings of Chicago-area companies for 1995. Lack of improvement in health care, technology and transportation sectors; Predictions by analysts for 1996; Comparison of average earning growth for businesses for first quarters in 1996 and 1995; Statistical...
- Plan for another profitable year. Gatland, Laura // Crain's Chicago Business;12/08/97, Vol. 20 Issue 49, pSB23
Gives advice from Larry Winters, assistant vice-president of small business and express services for Dun and Bradstreet Corporation, on how to maintain profitability in a business. Prospects for small businesses in Chicago, Illinois, for 1997.
- Corporate profits. // Economic Indicators;Jul93, p8
Presents a chart and graph on corporate profits from 1982 to 1993. Profits before and after tax; Tax liability; Undistributed profits; Inventory valuation adjustment.