Career Colleges Confront Challenging Landscape, Refocus on Students
- Follow-Up. // Recruitment & Retention in Higher Education;Mar2014, Vol. 28 Issue 3, p7
The article focuses on three topics related to U.S. students and universities that have been published in previous issues of the journal. Topics discussed include "The Condition of STEM 2013" by the ACT Inc. organization related to interest of graduates to enter science, technology, engineering...
- Streaking, Streaking Everywhere. // Time;
The article reports on the proliferation of streaking incidence at various universities and colleges in the U.S. It notes that 35 male students at the University of Missouri only in socks, sneakers, and hats streaked through the fraternity-housing area, "Greek Town." It points out that dozens of...
- TATTOOS, TICKETS, AND OTHER TAWDRY BEHAVIOR: HOW UNIVERSITIES USE FEDERAL LAW TO HIDE THEIR SCANDALS. Penrose, Mary Margaret // Cardozo Law Review;Apr2012, Vol. 33 Issue 4, p1555
The article exposes the inappropriate use of the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) of the U.S. by universities falsely in the name of student privacy. It demonstrates that the use of student privacy and FERPA defenses by universities are not genuinely used for student well-being...
- Opt-In vs. Opt-Out Alerts. Conradt, Phil // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Jul2013, Vol. 50 Issue 7, p28
The article reports on the popularity of the opt-out method of automatically enrolling students in the emergency alert system in colleges and universities in the U.S.
- Enrollment Management, Meet Competitive Intelligence. Giguere, David N. // Connection (0895-6405);Summer99, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p24
Discusses the role of competitive intelligence, the collection of data about the rival school or company, on enrollment management in the United States. Description on the job of a competitive intelligence firm like Hillman and Kersey Strategic Communications; Background on competitive...
- Campuses with the Largest Enrollments, 2007. // Teen Ink;Apr2010, Vol. 21 Issue 8, p26
The article lists the college campuses with the largest enrollments in the U.S. in 2007.
- Ruling: Va. Students' Phones, Laptops Can Be Searched. A. P. // Education Week;12/8/2010, Vol. 30 Issue 14, p4
The article discusses the legality of searching students' cell phones and laptops in schools.
- College Enrollment To Swell--Minorities Included. Blair, Julie // Education Week;05/31/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 38, p3
Presents information on a report by the Educational Testing Service which predicts the growth of enrollment at universities and colleges in the United States (U.S.). Percentage of minority students that will make up the increase in undergraduates by 2015; Effect of the enrollment growth on U.S....
- THE EXPLODING UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA. Trombley, William // Saturday Evening Post;5/16/1964, Vol. 237 Issue 19, p22
Reports on the measures adopted by the University of California to cope with its growing number of student enrollment. Establishment of separate campuses all over the state; Number of employees in the university; Administrative system adopted by the university.