Blackboard's Campus LMS Share Slips
- Education Market Changes, So Does Blackboard. // Educational Marketer;7/29/2013, Vol. 44 Issue 16, p1
The article reports on the move of enterprise education software provider Blackboard Inc. to overhaul and relaunch its cloud-based content sharing repository xploR in 2013. It notes that the company has made enhancements and improvements to its flagship Learn platform to improve its relations...
- Technology learning environments at William Paterson University: A survey. Hutchison, Jane B. // College & University Media Review;Spring/Summer2003, Vol. 9 Issue 2, p35
Presents the results of a survey conducted at William Paterson University in Wayne, New Jersey in the spring of 2003 to assess faculty satisfaction level with technology in the teaching and learning spaces on the main campus and a new facility that opened in the fall of 2002. Background of the...
- LMS Market is as Diverse as Needs of Schools. // Electronic Education Report;12/12/2011, Vol. 18 Issue 24, p1
The article focuses on the advancement of the learning management system (LMS) in the U.S. school market. It notes that 68 to 88 percent of school districts have utilized LMS as indicated by the Simba Information Inc. and MCH Strategic Data survey in 2011. It also cites the use of LMS...
- University of Pennsylvania, USC Are Good Neighbors. // Sustainability: The Journal of Record;Feb2010, Vol. 3 Issue 1, p7
The article presents the result of the survey titled "Saviors of Our Cities: A Survey of Best College and University Civic Partnerships" conducted by Dr. Evan S. Dobelle, in which the University of Pennsylvania in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania and University of Southern California in Los Angeles,...
- Blackboard to expand online services. // T H E Journal;Jan2000, Vol. 27 Issue 6, p10
Reveals education provider Blackboard Inc.'s expansion of its services with new agreements to use information technology in teaching and learning. Goal of the services to help institutions identify, implement and support education technologies.
- Media services at three instructions in Cincinnati. Montgomery, Malcolm; Vaughn, John; McKamey, Jon P. // College & University Media Review;Spring/Summer2003, Vol. 9 Issue 2, p53
Presents the differences seen in the instructional technology support services and administrative organizations among academic institutions in the Cincinnati, Ohio area. Institutions in which the technological services were observed; Description of each institution; Features of the services and...
- Evolution of a DIGITAL PRODUCTION STUDIO. // T H E Journal;Dec2001, Vol. 29 Issue 5, p31
Details the planning, funding, development and implementation of a digital production facility for educational institutions in the United States. Identification of needs to be satisfied by the facility; Components of the facility; Considerations in sustaining the facility.
- Bits & Bytes. // Community College Week;09/20/99, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p18
Provides an update on educational technology of universities and colleges in the United States as of September 20, 1999. Computer problems at Utah Valley State College; Features of the Michigan Virtual University.
- ASK? NAJ. // Distance Education Report;3/15/2006, Vol. 10 Issue 6, p3
The article answers a reader's question on the merger of course management systems (CMS) WebCT and Blackboard. The merger is questioned by some groups because of the expected loss of competition and lack of pressure to improve services. Other CMS options are available, such as the Modular...