Pearson Acquires TQ Holdings
- Pearson Acquires Fronter for International Growth. // Electronic Education Report;1/12/2009, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p6
The article reports on the acquisition of Fronter online learning system provider by Pearson as the latter moves for the international expansion of its eCollege business primarily in the school industry of Great Britain.
- MERGERS AND ACQUISITIONS: Pearson Acquires Global English. // Graphic Arts Industry News Digest;Aug2012, Vol. 3 Issue 2, p19
The article reports on the acquisition of GlobalEnglish Corp., provider of Cloud-based business English learning, assessment, and performance support software, by Pearson PLC for 90 million dollars in cash.
- Today's Transactions: PE-backed Test Company Sold to Pearson. NOTO, ANTHONY // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;5/21/2012, Vol. 25 Issue 21, p14
The article reports on the decision of Pearson plc, an education and media company, to buy Certiport Inc. for 140 million dollars in cash.
- Today's Transactions: Pearson Purchases GlobalEnglish. NOTO, ANTHONY // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;5/28/2012, p24
The article reports on the acquisition of GlobalEnglish, a provider of online tutorials to enhance English proficiency among businesses, by Pearson plc for 90 million dollars.
- Transitions: Pearson's Evolving Business Model, 2012. // Educational Marketer;1/28/2013, Vol. 44 Issue 3, p7
The article presents events on the evolution of the business model of Pearson PLC including the succession of John Fallon as chief executive in January 2013, $116 million acquisition of publishing service ASI in July 2012, and partnership with JJL Overseas Education in April 2012.
- Today's Transactions Pearson Buys EmbanetCompass for $650M. COLLINS, ALLISON // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;10/22/2012, Vol. 25 Issue 43, p11
The article reports that London, England-based Pearson PLC, a provider of print and digital learning materials and services for students, has acquired EmbanetCompass, a provider of online learning services for academic institutions, for 650 million U.S. dollars in cash.
- Pearson Buying SchoolNet. QUILLEN, IAN // Education Week;5/11/2011, Vol. 30 Issue 30, p5
The article announces that education publication company Pearson will purchase education software company SchoolNet.
- Pearson Jones makes Â£2.2m provision in pension sales review. Macdonald, Sam // Money Marketing;6/14/2012, p28
The article reports that independent financial adviser (IFA) firm Pearson Jones has allotted 2.2 million British pounds for possible redress over pension sales associated with a business it merged with in 2010.
- Acquisitions & Partnerships ï¿½. // Electronic Education Report;2/11/2008, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p8
The article offers news briefs related to business partnerships and acquisitions, including the partnership between K-12 data management provider Software Technology Inc. (STI) with School-Messenger, ConnectEdu, and HealthMaster Inc., and the acquisition of Harcourt Assessment Inc. by Pearson...