Activity Improves in Q3 in Mergers and Acquisitions
- Blackboard Gets $1.15B Loan Facility. COLTER, ALLISON BISBEY // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;7/11/2011, Vol. 24 Issue 28, p9
The article reports on the 1.15 billion U.S. dollars in debt commitments received by education software maker Blackboard Inc. to finance its acquisition by Providence Equity Partners.
- Blackboard Gets $1.15B Loan Facility. Colter, Allison Bisbey // High Yield Report;7/11/2011, p8
The article reports that Blackboard Inc., a producer of education software, received 1.15 billion dollars toward its acquisition by Providence Equity Partners from Bank of America Merrill Lynch, Deutsche Bank and Morgan Stanley.
- Edline Becomes a Blackboard Business. // Electronic Education Report;10/17/2011, Vol. 18 Issue 20, p1
The article reports on the move of investor group headed by affiliates of Providence Equity Partners LLC to acquire enterprise learning platform software provider Blackboard Inc. in the U.S. It states that the acquisition causes Providence's portfolio company, Edline, which offers web pages,...
- Providence Equity to Acquire Blackboard. // Electronic Education Report;7/11/2011, Vol. 18 Issue 14, p1
The article reports on the plan of Providence Equity Partners LLC to acquire educational software provider Blackboard Inc. It states that Providence will assume 130 million dollars in debt and will pay 1.64 billion dollars in cash. It says that Blackboard is focused on enterprise-level software...
- Blackboard Expands Scope and Vision. // Educational Marketer;7/16/2012, Vol. 44 Issue 15, p1
The article reports on the moves of Washington, D.C.-based Blackboard Inc. which has expanded its business scope and vision. It offers a background of the company which was acquired by Providence Equity Partners LLC for 1.78 billion dollars. It discusses Blackboard's expansion moves which...
- Blackboard Increases Buyout Loan. Colter, Allison Bisbey // High Yield Report;9/12/2011, p6
The article reports on the increase in credit facility that software maker Blackboard needs in order to fund its sale to Providence Equity Partners which, in turn, will merge Blackboard with Edline LLC.
- The Wallet. // Mortgage Banking;Dec2011, Vol. 72 Issue 3, p77
The article presents the Financial Technology & Information M&A Trends Report from New York-based Berkery Noyes & Co. LLC which analyzes the merger and acquisition activity in the financial technology industry in 2010.
- 3Qs With... Peter Yoon. NOTO, ANTHONY // Mergers & Acquisitions: The Dealermaker's Journal;Nov2012, Vol. 47 Issue 11, p10
An interview with Berkery Noyes & Co. LLC managing director Peter Yoon is presented. He says that companies in the corporate and professional training sector have shown good top-line growth and profitability in 2012. He expects that the mergers and acquisition (M&A) activity from private equity...
- M&A activity picks up. SCHWARTZ, MATTHEW // B to B;Sep2012 Media Business Supplement, p13
The article reports on a finding by Berkery, Noyes & Co. and Jordan, Edmiston Group that media mergers and acquisition activity has been increased in the first half of this year. It is noted that in the first half of the year, median revenue multiple fell from 1.8x to 1.2x. It is satted that...