Market Toughens Up for Pearson
- Pearson Eyes Digital in 2012. // Educational Marketer;3/12/2012, Vol. 43 Issue 6, p1
The article presents the expectation from education publisher and service provider Pearson PLC for a continued revenue growth in its digital school programs and services in 2012 in the U.S. Pearson chief executive Marjorie Scardino says that company-wide digital revenue was accounted for 33% of...
- Nine-Month Results Reflect K-12 Market Softness. // Electronic Education Report;11/2/2009, Vol. 16 Issue 21, p5
The article offers information on the results of the nine-month reports of Pearson PLC and McGraw-Hill Education for 2009, which manifest the challenges faced by the K-12 industry. According to Pearson's report, it did better in school publishing than the K-12 market, which dropped 21% until...
- Pearson, AOL forge education link. Turner, Mimi // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;03/07/2000, Vol. 362 Issue 4, p103
Reports on the media company, Pearson Plc's educational publishing deal with America Online. Positive effect of the news of the deal on the stock price of Pearson.
- Pearson buys Harper Educational. // Publishers Weekly;2/12/1996, Vol. 243 Issue 7, p9
Announces Pearson PLC's agreement to acquire Harper Collins Educational Publishing. Amount involved in purchase; Strength of combined operation.
- Exclusive: Pearson Prentice Hall Captures 39.5% Of The Literature Adoptions In Florida's Largest Districts. // Educational Marketer;4/19/2004, Vol. 35 Issue 12, p1
Reports the domination of Pearson Prentice Hall in the 6-12 textbook adoption in the largest districts in Florida. Sales of the company in each segment of its Timeless Voices, Timeless Themes literature series; Position of other suppliers in the rankings.
- Pearson Education Sales Grew in 2012. // Educational Marketer;3/11/2013, Vol. 44 Issue 6, p6
The article reports that the revenue at North American Education related to Pearson Plc rose to 2.66 billion dollars in the U.S. It mentions that the business of Pearson includes K-12 and higher education publishing. It mentions that the enrollment at for-profit institutions decrease at the...
- Pearson plc SWOT Analysis. // Pearson SWOT Analysis;Aug2014, p1
A company profile of Pearson PLC, an international media and education company, that is headquartered in London, England, is presented. An overview of the company is given, along with key facts including contact information, number of employees, revenues, and profits. A SWOT analysis is...
- Technology Sales Drive Scholastic Ed. Revenue Growth in Q1. // Educational Marketer;9/28/2009, Vol. 40 Issue 19, p7
The article reports on the growth in the business revenue of Educational Publishing Co. which increased by 29 percent to 148.7 million dollars for the first quarter of 2009 in the U.S.
- Thomson, Pearson buy publishers. Toller, Carol; Broadfoot, Lisa // Quill & Quire;Apr96, Vol. 62 Issue 4, p17
Reports on acquisitions in the educational publishing industry in North America as of April 1996. Toronto, Ontario-based Thomson Corp.'s acquisition of U.S. legal publisher West Publishing Co.; Announced acquisition of HarperCollins Educational Publishing Inc. by Pearson PLC.