Community Colleges Win Career Training Grants
- Instructional Team Training: Delivering Live, Internet Courses To Teachers and Paraprofessionals in Utah, Idaho and Pennsylvania. Forbush, David E.; Morgan, Robert L. // Rural Special Education Quarterly;Spring2004, Vol. 23 Issue 2, p9
Shortages of fully qualified special education teachers have been present in rural, suburban and urban America since the formal inception of special education. Public schools have mitigated special education teacher shortages by hiring paraprofessionals. Though hiring of paraprofessionals has...
- Reexamining the Practicum Placement: How to Leverage Technology to Prepare Preservice Teachers for the Demands of the 21st Century. Karchmer-Klein, Rachel // Journal of Computing in Teacher Education;Summer2007, Vol. 23 Issue 4, p121
While many factors are taken into account when identifying appropriate practicum placements, effective technology use by the classroom teacher is rarely considered. This is disconcerting given the recent emphasis on teacher technology preparation. The research described in this article studies...
- Benefits and Challenges of Using Live Modeling to Help Preservice Teachers Transfer Technology Integration Principles. West, Richard E.; Graham, Charles R. // Journal of Computing in Teacher Education;Summer2007, Vol. 23 Issue 4, p131
One method underutilized in training teachers to use technology is to use live modeling sessions. This study qualitatively investigates how the use of modeling sessions impacted students. In this study we found that modeling was perceived by most students to be effective at teaching technology...
- Computer-Based Training for Enterprise IT Systems. Bieda, Tony // Windows IT Pro;Jun2012, Vol. 18 Issue 6, p153
The article presents information on selecting computer-based training (CBT) products for enterprise information technology (IT) applications from computer software companies. The author encourages CBT users to evalute the lesson plans, the product-specific specifications, interfaces and...
- Calif. clearinghouse takes steps closer to fruition; SIIA seeks publisher input. // Electronic Education Report;02/02/2000, Vol. 7 Issue 2, p5
Reports that the California Department of Education has approved the implementation of a clearinghouse mechanism for all technology-based instructional materials.
- WBT and CBT: The urge to merge? Fritz, Mark // EMedia Professional;Aug97, Vol. 10 Issue 8, p54
No abstract available.
- E-Textbook, Electronic Curriculum Appear On Several State Adoption Lists For The First Time. // Educational Marketer;04/02/2001, Vol. 32 Issue 10, p1
Focuses on the inclusion of electronic reading and grammar programs on the approved lists of instructional materials in several textbook adoption states in the United States in spring 2001.
- Seek Improvement. // Online Classroom;Aug2006, p1
The article offers several techniques on how to improve online teaching.
- WebQuest: A Strategy for teaching SOSE Online. Faichney, Gavin // Ethos 7-12;2002 Term 1, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p26
Summarizes the process involved in the development of WebQuests, a strategy for teaching and implementing online learning experience for students. Goal of the introduction; Aim of the task; Purpose of the process section.