K-12 Publishers Stress Optimism at Start of New School Year
- Early Ed Funding Enticing but Elusive. // Educational Marketer;7/15/2013, Vol. 44 Issue 15, p6
The article reports on the elusiveness of President Barack Obama's proposed spending for the Preschool for All Program in the U.S. for 2014. It explains that the program is designed to be a state funding match of approximately 10% of the federal grant Preschool Developmental Grants. It cites...
- STEM overload. Korane, Kenneth J. // Machine Design;5/23/2013, Vol. 85 Issue 7, p35
The author comments on the allocation of budget for science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) education in the U.S. Proponents believe STEM education should be prioritized as it prepares students for technical careers that drive innovation and enhance global competitiveness. The author...
- AWARDS $3.2 MILLION. // SAY Magazine;Education Guide 2014, p64
The article informs that Cherokee Nation has awarded a funding of 3.2 million dollars to 92 school districts in the U.S. for the development of educational programs, educational technology and future of the public education of the U.S. students.
- It's Officials, Not Students, At Fault in Missouri Woes. Casas, Kate // Education Week;8/28/2013, Vol. 33 Issue 2, p28
The article presents a letter to the editor in response to the article "Student Transfers Will Likely Bankrupt Missouri District," which appeared on the periodical's website on August 5, 2013, on the student transfers and the financial problems in the Normandy and Riverview Gardens school...
- Title I Funding Targets Large Urban Districts. // Electronic Education Report;3/18/2013, Vol. 20 Issue 6, p4
The article announces that $3.77 billion of the grants allocated to local education agencies in the U.S. for fiscal year 2012 are scheduled to be given to 50 school districts in the U.S. that receive the largest Title I allocations. It mentions that New York City, Chicago, Illinois, and Los...
- DRIVING DECISIONS WITH DATA. // Tech & Learning;Apr2012, Vol. 32 Issue 9, p40
The article suggests strategies to be used by the K-12 technology leaders in the U.S. for assessing student performance data. As stated, Delaware has a statewide student accounting system which houses discipline, achievement, and attendance information so the coaches can work with several...
- FLASHBACK February 1998. // School Administrator;Feb2013, Vol. 70 Issue 2, p7
The article discusses various education-related reports that were published in the February 1998 issue of the periodical including one on the use of consultants in school districts, one on the trend among superintendents towards resigning to work in the corporate sector, and one on superintendency.
- Introduction. Bagdasarova, Susanna; Frankenberg, Erica // Penn State Law Review;2015, Vol. 119 Issue 3, p607
An introduction is presented in which editor discusses various articles within the issue on topics including rising racial segregation of K-12 schools in the U.S., ways in which school district boundaries separate students of different backgrounds and how pre-K may hinder desegregation efforts.
- "Mandatory Provision of Coordinated Early Intervening Services". SAMUELS, CHRISTINA A. // Education Week;3/25/2015, Vol. 34 Issue 25, p5
The article covers "Mandatory Provision of Coordinated Early Intervening Services," a report which found that 347 U.S. school districts were noted by their states as overidentifying minorities for special education.