Texas Orders Remain on the Light Side
- School finance system flawed. Smith, Morgan // Clarendon Enterprise (TX);9/11/2014, Vol. 25 Issue 37, p1
The article reports that a Travis County district judge has declared the Texas school finance system as unconstitutional in favor of more than 600 Texas school districts in a report released August 28, 2014, and mentions the 2013 oral ruling and the school districts not included in the ruling. ...
- Trinidad school gets good grade on finances. Slaton, Russell // Malakoff News (TX);11/22/2013, Vol. 104 Issue 47, p11
The article reports on the financial status of the Trinidad Independent School District (ISD) in Texas which acquire a "superior achievement" rating at the Financial Integrity Rating System of Texas (FIRST) managed by the Texas Education Agency (TEA).
- EBISD takes another shot at bond. MAGEE, KEITH // East Bernard Express (TX);10/30/2014, Vol. 71 Issue 44, p1
The article offers information on a school bond proposal to be considered by voters of East Bernard Independent School District (EBISD) in Texas in the November 2014 election.
- School Board Approves Budget/Does Not Raise Tax Rate for Fourth Year in a Row. FITE, B. R. // Grand Saline Sun (TX);8/20/2015, Vol. 120 Issue 33, p1
The article offers information on Grand Saline, Texas Independent School District's meeting held on August 17, 2015 wherein the school board has decided not to increase the tax rate and approved the proposed budget for 2015 to 2016.
- Hays County schools receive $42M from federal stimulus. SEVILLA, ANDY // Hays Free Press (Buda, TX);6/12/2013, Vol. 111 Issue 11, p1D
The article offers information on the funds allocated through the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act to various local school districts in Hays County, Texas, including the Hays Consolidated Independent School District, Wimberley Independent School District, and Texas State University.
- Digital Takes (Some) Share in Texas. // Educational Marketer;10/10/2011, Vol. 42 Issue 20, p5
The article reports on the 2011 adoption of Texas of the digital trending in K-12 schools. It also adds that the state is also pushing to step up the use of digital materials in grades 5 to 12. It also mentions the submissions of various companies in different language arts categories offered in...
- CRIME ON CAMPUS. // Hays Free Press (Buda, TX);2/ 1/2012, Vol. 109 Issue 43, p1A
The article reports that the officers assigned to Hays County, Texas Independent School District (CISD) kept busy in responding to hundreds of crimes from minor offenses to felonies from the start of the 2010-2011 school year. INSET: Breaking down the crime reported on Hays CISD campuses.
- Great day at MMS. // Malakoff News (TX);4/27/2012, Vol. 103 Issue 15, p5A
The article offers the author's insights on the best day of her life of working at the Malakoff Independent School District (MISD) in Malakoff, Texas on April 13, 2012.
- Kopperl ISD offers food pantry. // Lakelander (Whitney, TX);2/ 6/2013, Vol. 26 Issue 6, p3
The article offers information on the food pantry of fresh produce and other groceries offered by Kopperl, Texas Independent School District for students and their families to be distributed on February 13, 2013.