Partnerships & Acquisitions …
- Blackboard Partners in a New Age. // Electronic Education Report;7/25/2011, Vol. 18 Issue 15, p1
The article presents insights from Blackboard Inc. executives regarding their plan to forge new partnerships with schools due to the changing K-12 environment. John Canuel, Blackboard's vice president for K-12 education strategy, states that K-12 structures and policies are facing challenges...
- Cengage Consolidates Boston Operations In New Offices. // Educational Marketer;9/29/2008, Vol. 39 Issue 19, p2
The article reports that Cengage Learning Inc. has signed a lease at the Channel Center in South Boston, Massachusetts, where it can consolidate its Boston area operations.
- Cengage Expands with New Alliance, Two Acquisitions. // Educational Marketer;1/19/2009, Vol. 40 Issue 2, p1
The article focuses on the expansion of Cengage Learning Inc. as an independent company in Stamford, Connecticut with its two acquisitions and the formation of an alliance with Angel Learning, an electronic (e)-learning enterprise software provider in Indianapolis, Indiana.
- Stamford-based and college-bound. Doran, Ryan // Fairfield County Business Journal;2/8/2010, Vol. 49 Issue 6, p7
The article reports on the move of Connecticut-based Cengage Learning Inc. regarding the Westwood College.
- Downtown blues. // Business News New Jersey;1/10/96, Vol. 9 Issue 1, p3
Looks at how Barnes & Noble joined other downtown retail stores in Morristown, New Jersey who were forced to closed due to Macy's department store move out of business district. Comments from Morristown officials.
- Incentives to stay put. // Chain Store Age;Jun98, Vol. 74 Issue 6, p43
Reports on the city of New York's incentive deal for Barnes & Noble for agreeing to stay put. Deal as directly tied to job growth; City's offer of sales tax exemptions and energy benefits if company adds jobs to its office roster in the city.
- Bookworms. Hanover, Dan // Chain Store Age;Jun98, Vol. 74 Issue 6, p141
Reports on Barnes & Noble's building of an Internet presence in 1997 with the opening of Barnes & Noble.com. Book retailer's taking advantage of Amazon.com's weakness in stock inventory; Barnes & Noble's offer of competition through discounts, delivery speed and inventory stock; Retailer's link...
- Hot literary scene. Smith, Evan // Texas Monthly;Mar96, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p22
Reports on the opening of a Barnes & Noble Inc. bookstore in El Paso, Texas.
- Barnes & Noble booking more NE Ohio stores. Hardin, Angela Y. // Crain's Cleveland Business;05/01/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 19, p4
Reports on New York-based book retailer Barnes and Noble Inc.'s plan to open several book stores in Northeast Ohio as of May 1, 2000. Company background.