College Publishers Facing Sales Declines
- College Sales Stumble in January, Down 1.4%. // Educational Marketer;3/28/2011, Vol. 42 Issue 7, p5
The article reports on a monthly report from the Association of American Publishers revealing a 1.4% in the net sales of U.S. college publishers in January 2011. It notes that gross sales declined from January 2010 to 425.8 million in January 2011. It mentions that the downturn is attributed to...
- The Top Publishing Stories of 2015. Deahl, Rachel // Publishers Weekly;12/21/2015, Vol. 262 Issue 52, p2
The article highlights the top publishing stories in 2015 in the U.S. Topics discussed include high sales of the book "Grey: Fifty Shades of Grey as Told by Christian," by E. L. James, the increase demand of coloring books in the publishing industry and the St. Martin's Press has lack of support...
- A Call for Fair Ebook Pricing. HARRIS, CHRISTOPHER // School Library Journal;Nov2012, Vol. 58 Issue 11, p14
The article focuses on the overpricing of ebooks at schools. The author discusses the issues the American Library Association (ALA) has with large ebook publishers, explains the difficulties publishers have selling ebooks as compared to print books, and suggests using the school size information...
- News Briefsï¿½. // Educational Marketer;8/18/2008, Vol. 39 Issue 16, p8
The article offers news briefs related to the publishing industry and education in the U.S. including the release of the mathematics book "Quickstart Math" by Options Publishing Inc. in July 2008, the offering of degree online programs by DeVry University, and the consolidation of Follett Higher...
- McGraw-Hill Completes Sale to Apollo Global Management. // Electronic Education Report;4/ 1/2013, Vol. 20 Issue 7, p3
The article reports on the sale of McGraw-Hill Education Inc. owned by New York-based publicly traded company McGraw-Hill Cos. to private equity firm Apollo Global Management LLC worth $2.4 billion. It notes that the move was ended following two years of speculation on the future of the...
- THE WEEKLY SCORECARD. // Publishers Weekly;8/3/2015, Vol. 262 Issue 31, p6
The article presents statistics on the U.S. sales of print books as of the week of July 26, 2015, sorting by channels such as mass merchandise and retail; categories such as adult and juvenile fiction or nonfiction; and formats including hardcover, trade paperback, and mass market paperback.
- DATABASE & DIRECTORY PUBLISHING INDUSTRY (NAICS 51114). // United States Database & Directory Publishing Industry Report;2016, p1
An industry report of the database and directory publishing industry in the U.S. during 2015-2016 is presented from publisher Barnes Reports, with topics including estimated sales, number of employees, and estimated number of establishments.
- The Right Schools for the Right Kids. Hodgkinson, Harold // Educational Leadership;Feb88, Vol. 45 Issue 5, p10
Examines key issues and developments relevant to education in the U.S. Trends in school enrollment; Overview of the educational system; Impact of race and immigration on the educational system.
- Introduction: Participation in Education. // Condition of Education 2006;2006, p27
The article discusses various reports published within the issue including one on the comparison of the enrollment rates in formal education programs in the U.S. and another on the significant role of education in the literacy performance of American students compared to the peers in other...